1/24th Scale BF-109 G-6

ruzlkampf

OK, got off my duff tonight and finally finished this lump at the 11th hour!(as usual) :blink: Whooeee! Gotta wait until some sunlight to take some real pics of it tomorrow, but here's some previews. Can't believe this thing didn't wander off on its own, it's been sitting around for so long. I actually had to lightly dust it before working on it again. Oh my.

Here it is sitting forlornly awaiting its fate. I've been waiting to see if the gear would fail again, but I guess those steel pins and epoxy were the ticket. Somehow the direction finding loop is missing. Must have been cause all those migratory birds were perching on it.

post-4413-1229261524.jpg

This is as far as I'm going to go on this. It's done. Got the DF loop fixed, wingtip lights put on, panel lines weathered, exhaust stains, chipped paint, and some oil stains. Put an antenna wire on it just cause i was feeling so uppity tonight.(yeah, darn coffee again) My usual crappy pics. sigh.

post-4413-1229261717.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, I know i need to get some better lights. I'm going to take about 3-4 more for the gallery in real light tomorrow. Just glad to get this loose end done so I don't have to drag it over into the next GB. :blink: Already found a home for this, so it'll be outta here on Monday. This is a nice kit, and it went together pretty good OOB. I wouldn't mind doing the G-10 version of this if I could ever find it again. Hmmmm. Last pics tomorrow before this goes bye-bye.

Later, Russ

post-4413-1229262044.jpg

post-4413-1229262059.jpg

Lovely work Russ. Who's getting this one?

Kev

Heh, heh, This one's going to the "little firecrackerpoppin' red-headed fire-ball latest girlfriend". Trading it for another ride in her Piper Cub.(hey, I'm not COMPLETELY stoopid! :rolleyes: ) I think she wants to lasso and hog-tie me...take me home and keep me in the "lifestyle I'm accustomed to"? Whatever that is. Hmmm, maybe if she gets a P-51...or at least an AT-6 Texan. :rolleyes:

But I digress. Thanks for the compliments gents, but well...I'm just not very much of an OOB kinda spud. Finally got this kit built and off my shelf, which is what this GB was about. Kind of a rare rainy day here in San Diego today, so I didn't have much sun. Soooo, I'm going to call these gallery pics "atmospheric". Yeah, that's it. Good substitute for "crappy". Maybe I'll get some lights for Xmas?! :rolleyes: Here we go, last pics before das Gustav goes bye-bye. Dave is really good about choosing which ones go in the gallery, so I'll let him decide.

post-4413-1229301902.jpg

post-4413-1229301910.jpg