1/24th Scale BF-109 G-6

ruzlkampf

Back to matt finish, and completely decaled. To make the tires look 'loaded', I'm going to slice with an exacto knife blade to flatten them cause they're vinyl. Ready for dirt, oil, exhaust, and a myriad other encrustacions. I'm going to be trying out an entirely new(for me) way of weathering on this guy. Just acquired an assortment of Prismacolor pencils and shading pastels. Gonna see how they work out for panel lines and 'sooting' things up. Probably use acrylic based oils for the oil stains and such.(Windsor & Newton, same as artists oils, only water based) As my topcoat is acrylic, I'm looking for new stuff that is compatible with this, and hopefully won't react adversely. :rolleyes:

post-4413-1223199493.jpg

Been at the Miramar Airshow all day, so I didn't get as much done as I'd planned. That's okay, the Blue Angels got me all pumped up to do a jet aircraft. Also played around with my new Dragon BF-110 to see how plausible it'd be to kit-bash into an 'F' model of some sorts. hmmmm. But I digress;

post-4413-1223199773.jpg

Last pics of it in 'clean' condition. Pitot tube, and aerial antenna wire is about the only parts left to install. Off to go 'grunge' it up some. Except for leaking oil like a bucket full of holes, and a suitably sooty exhaust it won't be too bad as it was 'home based' in Germany. Next pics should be of the completed model. Later, Russ

post-4413-1223199945.jpg

lovely 109 russ------just a question---are you leaving it matt finish or giving it a (slight) sheen? i always thought german aircraft were not 'matt' and have always done them satin--ish myself. could be i'm wrong though!

cheers,

dave.

Hey all, Sorry I haven't posted in awhile! ;) Had to take a short sojourn into Russville for a spell of some putty sloppin'. Been on an 'unlimited class Reno air-racer' kick, and have been heavily modifiying some hot Mustangs and Bearcats.

When I get burned out on shiney, flamed/tribal striped metal-flaked/pearled paint-jobs...I'll take a night to finish weathering this 109. I've still got some time. Until then; this is what I'm gonna be delving into. :unsure:

post-4413-1224385245.jpg

Starting work on the 'pancake' again this week, so this 109 should be finished by this coming week-end. Just had to break away for awhile and MODIFY something! hehe. Ooooh, my.

Heeey Kevin! You scoundrel,...one of the reasons I haven't posted in awhile is cause you inspired me to go off on a tangent of research and parts shopping for an Australian A-4K flying off the HMS Melbourne! :angry: ;) I've finally acquired all the stuff(except my Aussie markings might be not sized right? Got em off a Mirage IIIO decal sheet,hmm) and have some pics. Gonna give that Sea Venom some friendly competition in the carrier build? :unsure: Muhwhahahah.

Heeey Kevin! You scoundrel,...one of the reasons I haven't posted in awhile is cause you inspired me to go off on a tangent of research and parts shopping for an Australian A-4K flying off the HMS Melbourne! :angry: :) I've finally acquired all the stuff(except my Aussie markings might be not sized right? Got em off a Mirage IIIO decal sheet,hmm) and have some pics. Gonna give that Sea Venom some friendly competition in the carrier build? :rolleyes: Muhwhahahah.

Cool, sounds good Russ. Not enough Aussie subjects about if you ask arse me. Not enough Aussie decals either. I'm worried the ones in my Sea Venom kit will explode on contact with water, or otherwise, er, under perform, and finding replacements is not easy.

Looking forward to it Russ. You'll finish your two entries in this one before I finish my one, I'm sure!

Kev