Kamov Ka-25PL 'Hormone A'...

KOTR

Well, lets see, how far I'll come with this puppy, but I'll have a try at scratchbuilding. I found some planes in the net that look sufficiently correct to me, and there is a nice walkaround on airforce.ru. I'll also finish the model as yellow 19, as I don't have to search to make a complicated search if the subject I am interested in is the same version/production batch. I don't know if this specific one ever served on a Moskva or Kiev class carrier, but at least this type of helicopter certanly did ;)

Thanks for your replies and your encouragements. I'll need it ;)

Okay, one might consider it the first setback, but before I can really start, I'll have to order some new plastic. My box of plastic sheets is almost empty... :D

My idea was trying to laminate two or three layers of .3 mm styrene sheet with CA glue over a basic structure of styrene ribs and sand that into the shape. That basic structure is later removed, the remaining fuselage smoothed on the inside. That is, because I do not have a vacform box large enough for that task :rolleyes: The openings for windows and doors are then later cut out and made from clear plastic as vacform parts.