This Japanese Lady named Kate

Loic

Kev, Matt,

thanks for the kind words. It is a good feeling knowing people find some interest in your work :rolleyes:

Well, quick update for tonight as I have been working on the starboard side of the pit trying to replicate some radio/electrical items and their associated wiring.

Hope the pics are not too bad.

Cheers,

Loic

post-3547-1222980522.jpg

Hi all,

Ed, Mike, thanks for the kind words. I think there is still a lot of things to do before I can even call this an airplane but I am working on it :lol:

Here are some pics of the latest work. Starbord side has recieved some wiring and plumbing as well as a couple of extra stuffs. One of these is the Morse code dial which is bellow right to the main rear radio console. I whish the pics were better so you can see it but shooting white on white is a nightmare for the poor photographer I am :lol: I hope it will stand up better once painted.

post-3547-1223130140.jpg

some little extra work done on the port side too. I mainly added an (hydrolic ?) lever bellow what will be the navigator window as well as its plumbing, the gun and a dummy wiring box and its wires which will be hidden behind the navigator IP, only the cables remaining visible. On the gunner area, I added the actuating item to the handle wheel.

post-3547-1223130469.jpg

On the floor front now, I have added some wiring as well. Also, I made up what I belive was a tank (Oil, Petrol, etc ...?) but I have no evidence indeed.

I also made the bomb/torpedo release box with its 8 handles but the poor pic does not really help to see the details.

Then I turned my attention to the big handle that shows on the right side and that is normally connected to the pilot's one (not yet made).

Hope you like it despite the rather crappy pics. More to come soon hopefully :lol:

Cheers,

Loic

post-3547-1223131045.jpg

Loic,

Great job so far!

Very Interesting approach I am following with great zeal.

I absolutely love what the human mind can accomplish as problems in construction are reached, thought through and solved!

I was wondering what approach for the wings???

I am collecting pieces for a 1/32nd B-26 Marauder build from various existing models. Luca P. suggested 1/48th B-17 wings for the 1/32nd medium B-26 wings....they are almost perfect when placed on the plans, with only minor mods (like rescribe and getting rid of the four 1/48 engine/wing fairings in exchage for 2 1/32 new engine locations) they are perfect in size, width, airfoil shape, length. etc.

Maybe you should look at something like this for your wings or at least for the outer section/combined with another set for length. It's worth a shot just looking and laying wings or wing profiles over your plans.

May find a piece or two that is dead on, it would save tons of time in construction. I'm sure others have maybe already mentioned this approach.

Good going so far I'm hoping after you complete this build that Trumpeter or Dragon, etc. will announce an injection moulded kit in production.....LOL It seems thats what happens!

Anyway fantastic job.

Jon Payne

Hi guys,

thanks for the nice words.

I have to admit I have done nothing since last post on saturday cause I was caught by real life occupations indeed...

Jon,

thanks for the tip. I actually used that methodes for my Hawker Tempest built (I used Spitfire wings) and so far, I think I will use it again for the Kate. I belive I can use the Zero wings as a base. It will certainly require some heavy surgery but I guess it could work.

I will of course keep you guys updated ;)

Cheers,

Loic

Hi guys,

at last, I managed to spend a couple of hours on the project today. I shot a few pics and wanted to share.

This time, I turned my attention to the pilot office.

First job was to replicate the levers that are on the right side of the pit on floor level. I am not too sure what they are suposed to be, I just took inspiration from Hase 1/48 model.

Then, I worked on the controls starting with the stick which is made from wire (paper pin indeed) and brass tubing. I also tryed to replicate the actuating system on the right side of the floor (the left side being hidden by a "control box").

Finally, I worked on the rudder and its actuating mechanism.

I would not bet my life on the overall accuracy as I started by deciding the floor was actually the top of the wing in this area without any kind of evidence.... but I like the way it look so I guess that is enough for me.

I am not sure the pics are among the best quality wise but I hope they are good enough so you can figure what I have done.

Cheers,

Loic

post-3547-1223740286.jpg

post-3547-1223740303.jpg

Hi Rocky,

thanks for the kind words and I am glab you are back!

I spent most of the day working on the lady's pit and have made some progress so here are the (still crappy) pic!

Starboard side recieved the main console and its wiring. I have added a couple of other stuffs that I am not sure they actually were on the real thing but it did look rather empty with just the Hase like items.

Port side also recived the main control box, wiring, plumbing, actuators, levers, etc...

post-3547-1223833399.jpg

post-3547-1223833702.jpg