This Japanese Lady named Kate

Loic

Hi guys,

I would not say that the storms we have here are SSSOOOOO strong but well, they are quite comon in the evening at this time of the year as the rest of the country starts to cool down whereas the area is still quite warm here... The very place where I stand has a micro climate due to the proximty of a couple of hills around and the storms like to stand on top of the area.

Anyway. The weather is now fine again and I have shot some pics I am now able to post :blink:

First, a few shots of the TBM/TBF against the Kate drawings just to compare the overall dimensions. No coments... the difference in philosophie for engineering airplanes between the Us and Japan is just obvious here :blink:

post-3547-1221855874.jpg

back to busyness now... as I wrote previously, I did not make tremendous progress but here is what I have done :blink:

First, the starboard side of pit with the internal basic structure done. The "dirty" look comes from a special treatment of mine... in order to get the wash to work well, (after gluing with CA) I use to apply some trichloroethene (witha fine brush but not too much OK...) on the structure some it seal the parts well. Then the "dirts" comes from the pensil draw I previously use to properly align the structure.

Also visible is my choice (used some artistic licence here...) to belive the floor of the front pit was in fact the top of the wing. It does explain why it is highe than the rear part plus the fact that there is no floor between the rudder control... my not be 100% accurate but this is fine by me :blink:

post-3547-1221856806.jpg

Port side now with some more details (I started with this side...).

The info send by fellow LSPers are most valuable and I can not thanks you guys enough for your help.

I see from the pics that the white details on white background does not help much to see what I have done but I did not managed to get any better shot... Hope you guys can see something :blink:

post-3547-1221857024.jpg

Hey Kev,

you are so right: this is a monster :blink: ;) :blink:

I sweetheart did offer me the Trumpy kit for my birthday last year and it does impress me everytime I open the box...

Certainly an impressive kit of an impressive aircraft :blink:

Loic