Brass and Aluminium tubing

Thanks for that Chris

Is there any size that you use for specific gun sizes, like the Browning 50s...thats mostly what im worried about, although Ill have to think about the Hispano 20MM and various German munitions

Puhh.....to find tubings with the exact diameters to match a gun in 1/32 , no matter if german or USA, will be a little difficult I think. Normally I use the tubings which are closest to the original, if too thick some can be sanded down ( no problem with alu), otherwise you can not every part exactly scale down to 1/32 from the original , most important thing at the end is: does it look right.

hth

Chris

Just my two cents worth. I agree with Chris perfectly. I sometimes use thick hypodermic needles. But in the end they MUST look right. When using aluminium or brass tubing, I always drill the inside with a slightly larger drill than the inner size of the tube to further decrease the pipe wal thickness. they are usually too thick to look good in 32nd scale.

Okay here is what I did/do..one day I was wandering through my local hardware store and came across this little tubing display that had all kinds of sizes in stanless, brass and alum. sooooo what do I do? grab a few tubes in every size even close to gun barrels and landing gear legs, I probably have a life time supply and spent less than ten bucks! the stanless works good for gun barrals and the lower landing gear legs and slide right into alum. for the upper, I have found all kinds of uses for this stuff! My local hobby shop has some but there limited in sizes, dont think they have stanless and cost three times as much! I believe the hardwear store was a ACE or COAST TO COAST but I have seen them a HOME DEPOT.

hope the helps, Bob

You know what Bob, I didnt even think of looking in my hardware store...even though I found some great paint brushes on the cheap there...

Im going to find an excuse to go down there and have a look...

Closest I can figure to .5 inch is about .4mm or a little bigger than 1/8 inch...going to investigate...

A Spanish firm called Mimimeca sells Stailess tube in sizes from 0.50mm to 1.50mm in lenghts of 10/20 & 250mm e-mail them for a catalouge at

MINIMECA@teleline.es.They also do fine Stainless wire from 0.20mm to 0.8mm.