Wicked MiG29 Paint job

I'm guessing an italian bird, as it has the horsey from ferrari on the tail. Maybe 70 years of italian aviation? I wonder if the Mc.200? is in scale?

Mike,

I do not think that Italy ever used Mig-29's

Also that insignia is not Italian.

It looks like Hungarian from 1938 to 1941

Hungary flew the Reggaine 2000 in that era.

Perhaps that is the answer.

Now if we can only get the side view of the airplane and perhaps the bottom so we can paint our models to match that.

Those are colors in the Italian national insignia - after the capitulation in 1943. Those colors are used by other nations - similar to other nations using red, white, and blue (not necessarily in that order).

Those are Hungarian markings from the immediate pre-war period, circa 1938 when the Hungarian Air Force was "unveiled" to the world, and the aircraft is the Reggiane Re.2000. In 1941, after the declaration of war with the Soviet Union, Hungary began using the white cross superimposed on a black square.

Don't have any other information about it guys. A mate in defence sent it to me. The file was marked hun.* or something...I'm guessing hun for the 100 years. Some airforce that flys MiG29's having an anniversary this year? I'd like to see more photos...I had a quick look and came up with this one though...oooohhhh...another couple of sweet looking rides.

Take me to Reno... :D

post-901-1219481580.jpg

post-901-1219481599.jpg

My take on the situation is that since detente and the breaking up of the Soviet Union we no longer have great superpowers facing each other with drawn swords.

So the fighting troops get kinda bored.

Nothing heroic being in a peacetime army.

Gotta do something to pass the time and stimulate the troops.

One of the things we get are the colorful paint schemes for the jets. They justify this by making them for special occasions, like the umteenth anniversary of the country's air force, or the squadron., or the wonderful tiger meets, or the base commander's mother-in-law's birthday. Whatever, it really doesn't matter.

We can enjoy seeing some really fine color schemes.

The actual low viz camouflage schemes are pretty boooooring

Personally, I am more than happy that the threat of imminent war with the Soviet Union is gone. Yes, we can still get blown up by a guy wearing a bathrobe and a bath towel wrapped around his head; but its not the same thing as the threat of 100's of nuclear warheads aimed at all our major cities, larger towns and independent out houses.

I really like all these fancy one-off color schemes. Revell/Germany has even offered some over the years in their kits.

It makes my hobby FUN. :rolleyes: :) :P

Revells kit in 1/32 scale:

post-321-1219495505.jpg

I found the side view - I just love google!

here is the link

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Hungary---A...12A)/1383824/M/

Beautiful!!!

I do not know if it is legal to post it on this forum as it is copyright by airliners.net.

Maybe Matt can make that determination.

Stephen

P.S. More views available at

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.sear...inct_entry=true

My take on the situation is that since detente and the breaking up of the Soviet Union we no longer have great superpowers facing each other with drawn swords.

Have you watched the news lately?? It sure seems like we're doing everything we can to resurrect the Cold war....

100 years.
??Doh!!! 70...proof one shouldn't post when you're dog tired late a night

Thanks Stephen for finding the piccies to Randy for picking which AF it came from and to all who chipped in. I already started thinking of that 'how to make your own decals' thread in the tips n tricks forum.

Cheers Matty