SJPONeill

Yet another 1/32 Vulcan build

Sorry, Brian...took a little longer to get organised...lots of work on at the moment but as these show she is finally starting to look a little more like a Vulcan...

vulcan012.jpg

A view of the reconstructed top of the fuselage where the join between the fuselage and the wing is still not nearly as pronpunced as it should be but is close enough for government work...

vulcan011a.jpg

...and the two fuselage halves sitting together after the mating surfaces were sanded flush and the step cut into the lower fuselage to match up the nose sections...

I pulled out my Airfix 1/72 Vulcan and even a cursory look shows just how over-bulbous the nose is so some surgery will be needed here: the Airfix nose is positively delicate and graceful compared to this...

Edited by SJPONeill

Welcome back Simon , Id given up on this one

Yes the nose is too bulbous but you know how to fix that

Its not too hard. Come on lets see some progress

Darth

Cheers, Darth...I need some serious nagging on this cow: every time she hacks me off, she goes back into solitary for a while (often a long while) Plus I have been travelling more for work than anticipated and she's a little too large to lug around with me.

But...MATE!!!!...I just went over to Britmodeller to get some guidance from your build and all those great images of yours are GONE, GONE GONE!!!! Any chance you might repost them somewhere or send me some copies, especially of your cockpit and bomb bay builds?

Simon

Edit: it gets better - it looks like all the messages we exchanged last year on how you approached the nose have been lost too - maybe in the LSP upgrade? I think there was a diagram you sent me that showed how you'd done the nose cut? If you could resend of post that, Darth, it'd be awesome...thanks...

Edited by SJPONeill