1/32 Matchbox Westland Lysander

uhuman

Hi Uhuman,

Welcome to the forum. Have fun!

There is a beautiful build thread from ScanmanDan going on in the member builds forum.

Just search on Lysander

I have seen more on LSP, not only on the forums. Just search the LSP-site.

The Lysander is quite a good kit, accurate, but ill-fitting in places.

Cheers,

Peter

Welcome Uhuman!

I second Peter about Dan's very good built on this forum.

An other very inspiring build can be found here

http://www.master194.com/maquettes/serge_m...ander/index.htm

It is all in French but the pics speaks from themselves

Cheers,

Loic

thanks Loic,

Has rather put me off doing any more work on my Lizzie!

Uhuman.

Hey Uhuman,

my purpose was only to demonstrate that the kit looks like a very good base (but not as per 2008 standard) and can possibly be built as a show stopper with some level of extra work.

I would myself love to see an other Lysie built!

Cheers,

Loic

Welcome to LSP Uhuman.

The guys are very nice to mention my little efforts on the Lizzie. I'm having a blast with the old girl. It's a really nice kit. Older and a bit crude in parts it does look every bit the Lysander. The fit for me so far has been quite good. If it weren't for me constantly messing about with it I'd be done by now. Nothing too worry about definitely a kit to build. If you need any references or such like just drop me a PM and I'll help out. Don't be put off by the French site. There are some great ideas there but nothing that needs to be done. Just have fun with it and she'll look a treat!

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks very much for reply.

I was joking about the French site putting me off-I've got so far I just can't give up now.

Yes, you have made a supreme effort with your 'Lizzie'. I have had difficulty with the engine assembly on the Matchbox version.The engine halves, parts 52 and 53 didn't fit between the cowling (13-14). It appeared that the engine was too big. I was advised to slightly reduce the size of the cylinders which I carefully did and eventually was able to make it fit, but it was very frustrating. I was just wondering whether if I needed any parts, would I be able to use parts from the Revell 1/32 version.

I must admit that the cockpit framing concerns me a bit.....a lot!!!!

Thanks for offer of references, this is kind of you.

With all best,

Steve.

Hey Uhuman,

I am glad this was a joke... but you made me feel bad for a while :rolleyes:

As far as I think I know, the Matchbox and Revell kits are identical, HTH.

I understand you have got so far with your build... I would love to see some pictures of your Lizzie if you agree.

Cheers,

loic

Hey Uhuman,

I am glad this was a joke... but you made me feel bad for a while B)

As far as I think I know, the Matchbox and Revell kits are identical, HTH.

I understand you have got so far with your build... I would love to see some pictures of your Lizzie if you agree.

Cheers,

loic

Loic,

Of course it was a joke, but I have known people say the same thing when they see a superbly built model. Please don't be offended. When it is finished, I hope to post some photos.

Who built the French model Lizzie?

All best,

Steve.

Hi Uhuman,

it is no big deal :)

The guy who did build the "French" lizzie is called Serge Millot. I do not know him personnaly despite we once met and had a quick chat at a modelshow here in Avignon.

At that time, I did not know much about his work and was unaware of his thread on master194 forum. I shot a couple of (crap) pics and moved on... This said, he can be contacted via email (link on the forum) I guess.

Please do not wait until your model is completed to shot pics and share those, it is equally interesting to have WIP shot (to me at least). Would I wait to complete my models 100% before I took pics... well... I would not need a camera at all :)

Cheers,

loic

Hi Uhuman,

Hi Loic,

It would be good practice for me to send some pictures, but I have not advanced that much with the Lysander.

The fuselage halves are together and the engine is about to be fitted. Weather here is good in my part of UK, so modelling has slowed down a bit. Hope weather good where you are.

Good wishes,

Uhuman

Hi Uhuman,

please feel free to post pics whenever you are ready/feel like it.

I spent several years both in essex and in Liverpool so I think I know (all ?) about the Inglish weather!

To quote Russ, I actually leave on the "French Riviera" so I would say the weather here is, well, very nice indeed :rolleyes:

Cheers,

loic

Hi Uhuman,

it is no big deal :o

The guy who did build the "French" lizzie is called Serge Millot.

loic

Hi Loic,

I seen some more of Serge's work on the internet and a diorama of his Lysander at a model show.

Thought you may be interested if you haven't seen it.

Regards

Uhuman.