1/24 P-47D

tourist

Hell yeah...looks brilliant. One question for anyone who's seen some close up pics or the actual kit: does the kit actually include the ammo belts that should be prominent if the ammo bays are open? The reason I ask is because none of the pics I've seen seem to show any ammo in the trays. ;)

Cheers

Ango

I'll answer my own question after digging a little deeper. ;)

It seems the ammo has been moulded into one of the ammo trays, while the other is left empty (see pic below from www.europeanmodeller.com). Presumably this approach would be to accommodate those nutters amongst us who would prefer to scratch build their own ammo?

Anyway, the kit does look delightful to me, and one day I would love to get my hands on it.

Cheers

Ango

post-405-1213938356.jpg

Wow, I like that. The US price doesn't look that bad either. When I first saw it, I figured it would cost somewhere around $130 clams but at about $87 bucks, it would be worth buying a couple. I always did like the 78th FG markings.

When I first saw it, I figured it would cost somewhere around $130 clams but at about $87 bucks, it would be worth buying a couple.

Yes, 87 bucks ... plus another US$50 (5400 yen) for shipping from Japan. The kit's US and Canadian prices haven't been established yet, as far I know.

Charles Metz

Yes, 87 bucks ... plus another US$50 (5400 yen) for shipping from Japan. The kit's US and Canadian prices haven't been established yet, as far I know.

Charles Metz

Oh Well, that takes care of that. That puts it right where I didn't want it.