My £6 Zero

Zero

Well this is my first attempt at turning my hand to a larger scale. the model was bought off Ebay, and was price marked with the costly sum of £6.00 (I paid slightly more than that :angry: but not much!)

here the last picture of the work so far.

319679940.jpg

the kit has the sum total of 61 bits, and I have to be honest it built like a dream.

It's not quite finished, still a little decaling to do, fit the undercarriage, and then tone down the shine, hopefully a couple more hours and it will be there.

More pictures of the build can be found here.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p...9&members=1

thanks for looking

Dave

Hi Dave.

Looks like it's going to be a nice, tidy little Zero.

Thanks for posting the picture and including the link. Don't forget to post some more of the finished article.

Keith.

I wasn't surprised by your kit's low price after I saw the original state of its lower port wing:

319624912.jpg

How did you manage to get rid of that warp so completely? Well done!

Charles Metz

Thank you all for your very positive comments.

That little warp was a bonus of the packers, I think it was bagged to hot, and it was not sold to me with that fault known, Ie that was a little suprize that was waiting for me when I unpacked the kit.

319501369.jpg

You can't see it here, but the wing was also slightly cracked, so I felt hot water was only going to add to that problem, so what I did was actually stress the whole wing tip plying it in different areas all over the wing tip, I was never going to get it 100% out, but I hoped to get it to a point where using the top wing plate would pull the bottom strieght as I glued it in place.

Fortunately it worked, and after I had glued the bottom wing in place, it was just a case of clamping down the top plate with pegs and glueing where I could get to, releasing one, glue, and replace, all the way round.

here a test I did before just to make sure, I could pull it out enough before hand, so it looked strieght.

319624910.jpg

Thank again All

Dave

progress tonight but not much, but I'm not rushing as I really don't want to drop the ball now.

Wheels are on and in place, painted, I've finish the decaling, well the majority of it, there are a few on the U/C doors, but sadly there are almost no stencils.

if the model looks a bit shiny, thats because the picture was taken after another brush over with Klear! Bascally all I have now is the gear doors to hang, and the yellow stripes on the front of the wings. the last think I need is for masking tape to lift the decals, hence they have had several good coats of Klear, and they will now be given at least 12 hours to dry.

COP tonight.

319785487.jpg

look's great nice save on the wing ;)

Thanks. I always look on any model good or bad as scratch building with almost the right shaped parts. I also believe it's a good modeller that makes the kit, not a good kit that makes a good modeller! (although a good kit helps)

This is why I started with the Arii kit over any other in my very large stash of 1/32 stuff. if I fluffed it, all I had wasted was less than a tenner, and some paints and glue. I intend to build a lot of under rated kits, before even begin to looking at my trumpeter and acadamy stuff.

Dave