Started a Hasegawa 1;32 Fw-190A-6

Here are some of the early shots of this kit. I plan on building her as an OOB project, right on down to the decals, which will be one of the "Checker Nose" birds. So far things are going along really well and I have gotten the engine and cockpit ready for installation into the fuselage. Here is the engine which was first painted steel and then washed with an acrylic wash. After the wash was dry, the engine was "scrubbed down" with Q-Tips.

132Fw-190Engine1.jpg

I then moved onto the cockpit. Everything is OOB, I cut foot straps for the rudder pedals from paper ans used masking tape for the belts. I really like the technique that I read in a Hyperscale article by Rafe Morrisey. Though not as polished as he yet..........I'll get it soon I think. Here are the cockpit shots.

132Fw-190pit2.jpg

132Fw-190pit3.jpg

132Fw-190pit1.jpg

That's all I have for now folks, I'll post more pics as the build continues. Thanks for looking and as always, comments are always welcome

Regards,

Freddie from LI

Hi Freddie. Looks good so far.

I've got one of these in the stash and it looks like a really nice kit (Much better than the old one) Just take care with the kit decals.