well i cant stay away from this one. So ill be building another BF109.

I am still waiting on some parts but i will start this weekend.

I have seen some great stuff being build on LSP and i hope i can come close to

the excelent quality of building most of you have.

Been reading LSP for years but never got the nerve to post anything. :lol:

well i cant stay away from this one. So ill be building another BF109.

I am still waiting on some parts but i will start this weekend.

I have seen some great stuff being build on LSP and i hope i can come close to

the excelent quality of building most of you have.

Been reading LSP for years but never got the nerve to post anything. :lol:

Welcome aboard! Which kit will you be doing?

Kev

I will be building the Hasegawa "Eyeball"

I will also be using Radu's wheel well and canopy sets.

Ill be using the cockpit set, the engine, tank rack, spinner and wheels from MDC.

Master Detail's flaps and detail set.

Aires radio set, From Eagle parts ill be using the oil cooler and Batterybox.

The kind people of Montex provided me with the masks and ill be trying the Hobby Decals dry transfers.

Besides some other ods and ends this is the list.

Hope my wife doesnt find out how much i have spend on this kid :lol:

Bert

Hi Matt,

good question. I'm not sure yet. I wanted to use the Aires set but the store didnt have it anymore and i wont be in untill the end of July.

Besides opening up the enginebay will distort the beautiful lines of the plane a bit.

So its possible i will display the engine outside the plane, but i havent desided yet.

Bert

Guest canuck63

Welcome aboard Bert!

I'm currently building a similar bird,using just about the same detailing sets...and then some!If I were you I'd go for the Eagle Parts' spinner,which IMHO is the best made so far,the MDC Engine is a little jewel in its own right but it comes without mounts and ancilaries...but if you'll find an Aires' engine set the "swap" of engines will be definitely worth it!The MDC cockpit set is another little gem.MD' detailing set for the 109 G comes with the best exhausts I've seen to date,prop blades with pitch mechanism,a nice air intake for the engine,a very nice tank rack with internal details and two styles of tanks which were horribly cast in my set but that will no doubt be much better cast in others.Don't forget the underbelly ejection chutes,made by MDC and also found in the MD detailing set!The more I thinker with this kit the more I add...I've recently ordered a set of brass UC legs from Eagle Parts....too bad no one has made a set of decent underwing cannon pods and barrels :rolleyes: !

I'm sure you do have the Eduard PE set,which will be very useful when it will come to dress up the underwing radiators,amongst the other things!

Keep us posted with the in-progress

Cheers

Manu

Hi all,

a small update. I decided to take your advice and bought the Aires engine set. I also got the eagle parts spinner.

Only things missing are the transfers and masks (but i wont need them for a while). :(

:blink: I can look at all the goodies for hours but tomorrow i will have to start cutting things up.

Hope all will go well.

I will start posting pictures tomorrow. Hope i can make something out of it. :lol:

Bert

Sry for not posting ant progres the last 5 days. But i found out i have to modefy the MDC and Aires parts to make them all fit together.

Almost done with building the cockpit. Ill start painting it this weekend so ill post some pictures then.

Its going well but realy realy slowely.

Bert

Sry for not posting ant progres the last 5 days. But i found out i have to modefy the MDC and Aires parts to make them all fit together.

Almost done with building the cockpit. Ill start painting it this weekend so ill post some pictures then.

Bert

Take your time Bert and don't worry about our expectations. Rushing never helps (ask me how I know :D ).

Kev

Bert

HI Take your time and do what you need to so you can get everything the way you want it. And remember to have fun along the way.

texas :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: