Hi all,

For this groupbuild bought the Guillows P-40 E kit. The kit doesn't have RAF decals but I have some spare 1/24 th decals that will do the job.

Don't expect a fully detailed model. I will be happy if the "overall" look is good.

This is not the 1/16 th kit.I've done that one before. It's about 1:24 th scale. The box says 1/32 nd,but I compared it to my plastic P-40 E and this wooden one is bigger.

post-114-1209581665.jpg

Good to see you back at it!

Just be careful with all that sawdust from sanding the wood... :rolleyes:

Building the wing.

Note that my work at this stage is not clean.I can mess with glue,add more stringers for support as much as I like.

All gets covered with 1,5 mm balsasheet.

p40-1.jpg

Hi Erwin,

I found your work just amazing.

Have you ever though of making wood masters one could use to vac-form some plastic kit?

Cheers,

Loic

Hi Erwin,

I found your work just amazing.

Have you ever though of making wood masters one could use to vac-form some plastic kit?

Cheers,

Loic

Thank you for the compliment.But you rate my work far to hight. I dought that my wooden builds will ever be good enough to make a VAC .

HI Looking good. I always like it when someone does a wooden model

Texas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Looking Good there Erwin I wonder what size engine it would take to get a full wood model like yours to actually fly?I have built a couple in the past intended for flight some made it some didn't.I did have a Zero take a night flight off the roof on FIRE with a little plastic bag of gas in the pit :P .What an explosion when hit the ground on a Kamikaze dive just beautiful :)