I am in with the Old School

HI Got the Spit about ready to prime but was wondering about the colors to use since Revell is real vague on the subject and I am certainly no British aircraft expert. Tell me if I am wrong but would MM ANA 617 Dark Earth and RAF Dark Green for the top side and RAF AZURE Blur ANA 609 for the bottom be right. Your help is appreciated.

Texas :D :lol: :lol:

Texas, the top colors you mentioned would be right, the bottom however could be a number of options...gray, green or blue depending on the period or mark of Spit. When I did my Rif Raf spit I portrayed an early 1940 scheme of alum.white and flat black half/half...on the bottom surfaces...I think the blue you mentioned would look swell..

Cheers,

ggc

Texas, the top colors you mentioned would be right, the bottom however could be a number of options...gray, green or blue depending on the period or mark of Spit. When I did my Rif Raf spit I portrayed an early 1940 scheme of alum.white and flat black half/half...on the bottom surfaces...I think the blue you mentioned would look swell..

Cheers,

ggc

HI Thanks for your help. The reason I thought about blue for the bottom is because Revells instructions called for light blue. I may thank about another color but may go with the blue.

Texas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Some type of Brit a/c recognition scheme in the early war period...Lt. Rif Raf was in it from the beginning... :P

Cheers,

ggc

HI Your right about Lt. Rif Raf being in it from the very begging. Such a selfish pilot was he. I have been thanking about Sky type S as a bottom color I thank it was used on the early Mk.1s. I don't guess it really matters because it's all for fun anyway.

Texas :o ;) :rolleyes:

HI Update on the ever breaking story of the famous Rif Raf and his indestructible Spitfire.

Glued, filled and primed, ready for paint.

arif1.jpg

abrif1.jpg

Now keep an eye to the sky for the famous Rif Raf

Texas :lol: ;) :P

Looks good so far, how da paint coming?

HI got the top and bottom painted, still like the cockpit, tail wheel and exhaust. Should get a little more dun this evening. i may get to post more photos tomorrow. How is yours going Mike?

Texas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi Texas,

you really seams to enjoy that build my friend?

It is looking damn good ;)

Seen from the side, seams to me Lt Rif Raf's noze has something of a Me109 engine cowl... I did not know Cyrano was flying spitfires :lol:

Cheers,

loic

HI That's not a nose but a very sophisticated Hun detection device. They can't even hide from Rif Raf in the sun. I thank he may even be a descendant of that WWI Ace with the big black nose.

Texas :ph34r: :ph34r: :rolleyes: