YES!Another Bf109 G-6

Guest canuck63

Guest Rigor
Ah Manny, those landing gear legs are magnificent! You got them from Eagle Editions you say...

Kev

i agree those are nice nice work on your 109 :)

Guest canuck63
Ah Manny, those landing gear legs are magnificent! You got them from Eagle Editions you say...

Kev

G'day Kev,

yes...I got them from Eagle Editions and they're absolutely magnificent!If it wasn't for the fact that I cannot make a clean build for the life of me,read puttied-over scratches,gallons of Mr Surfacer and various automotive primers sprayed all over the model and all that jazz I'd be tempted to leave the model as is when it'll be finished (by 2054),i.e. unpainted!In my mind I've got this picture of these UC legs mated to Radu's stunning wheel wells and MDC resin wheels and, as a LSP mod would have sung a few decades ago "I saw her legs...now I'm a believer...not a trace of paint on my kit....." :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Manny

P.S.;with the €€€ doin' well and poor $$$ in free fall they're a steal at US$ 19 :) !

Guest canuck63
Your bird is turning out to be realy beautiful.

I hope i can come close to your build quality.

And your way ahaid of me in the build so your pictures help me a lot. Thanks for that.

Regards,

Bert

Ciao Bert,

dank je vel for your kind words mate :D!I've seen you've gathered quite a lot of AM items for your 109 too; I'd suggest you to get hold of a set of these brass UC leg as well to round out the whole thing in style :rolleyes: !

You're as determined as I am,so I think you'll build will be a great one which I'll follow closely and with interest!

Groetjes

Manny

Jeez Manny, it is nice to see that this is not just another 109 build. You are really going to town here. What lovely work you are doing. This is going to be one hell of a nice 109. Hey Manny i would invest in Radu's canopy for the G6. That is one hell of a beauty and makes a big difference in the end.

Guest canuck63
Jeez Manny, it is nice to see that this is not just another 109 build. You are really going to town here. What lovely work you are doing. This is going to be one hell of a nice 109. Hey Manny i would invest in Radu's canopy for the G6. That is one hell of a beauty and makes a big difference in the end.

Hi there Brian,

thanks a million for your comment (coming from you is like getting a degree in modeling :D )...and for the heads-up.....but I've purchased Radu's canopy as soon as he's let anybody know about that...It's a little jewel and sure would and will make a BIG difference!Please remember that I've got the inspiration from your models so please let us see more!

Cheers

Manny

Hi there is was wondering if you had found any pictures of the radio compartment as you are planning (like me) to use the Aires radio set.

I have pictures of the stripped compartment but none of the equipment itself.

If you have any could you share it with a fellow moddeler? <_<

Its a good detailed set and i would like to make the most of it.

Kind regards,

Bert

Guest canuck63
Hi there is was wondering if you had found any pictures of the radio compartment as you are planning (like me) to use the Aires radio set.

I have pictures of the stripped compartment but none of the equipment itself.

If you have any could you share it with a fellow moddeler? <_<

Its a good detailed set and i would like to make the most of it.

Kind regards,

Bert

Hi Bert,

I'd share them pictures with you....if I only had them!The HT Model book on the Bf 109 F-G4 has wonderful pictures and diagrams of the radio compartment up to the G4,which has a different layout,while the book on the G6 doesn't cover this area as deeplyYou can use the pictures of the Aires parts as I've installed them inside my model's fuselage as reference....I've recurred to some sort of "triangulation" using all the pictures I've been able to find,especially the ones that show the interior of the radio compartment as seen from the ouside to find the exact place where the parts had to be glued!I'll warn you Bert...there's something wrong with the mold,in fact the upper part of the "wall" has a curve that's worlds narrower than the fuselage's ( A ) but that won't be visible once the two fuselage halves are mated together.Sand the back of the resin wall as much as you can (mine is paper-thin) in order to gain as much as pace as possible and render any difference in thickness hardly noticeable...take care to blend the lower part of the resin part into the fuselage half ( B ) and refer to the junction between the fuselage and the tail ( C ) to align the part correctly.Please notice that one of the riveted ribs on the resin part doesn't match with the outside panel lines,so glue the part exactly where I've glued mine,or else you'll scratch your head to death :unsure: :blink: :blink: !

Hope that helps

Manny

post-413-1211961929.jpg

Hi Bert,

I'd share them pictures with you....if I only had them!The HT Model book on the Bf 109 F-G4 has wonderful pictures and diagrams of the radio compartment up to the G4,which has a different layout,while the book on the G6 doesn't cover this area as deeplyYou can use the pictures of the Aires parts as I've installed them inside my model's fuselage as reference....I've recurred to some sort of "triangulation" using all the pictures I've been able to find,especially the ones that show the interior of the radio compartment as seen from the ouside to find the exact place where the parts had to be glued!I'll warn you Bert...there's something wrong with the mold,in fact the upper part of the "wall" has a curve that's worlds narrower than the fuselage's ( A ) but that won't be visible once the two fuselage halves are mated together.Sand the back of the resin wall as much as you can (mine is paper-thin) in order to gain as much as pace as possible and render any difference in thickness hardly noticeable...take care to blend the lower part of the resin part into the fuselage half ( B ) and refer to the junction between the fuselage and the tail ( C ) to align the part correctly.Please notice that one of the riveted ribs on the resin part doesn't match with the outside panel lines,so glue the part exactly where I've glued mine,or else you'll scratch your head to death !

Hope that helps

Manny

Thanks m8 that helps. I have some colour foto's of the compartment. They are in the Ospray modelling the bf 109f and early g book by Brett Green.

But these pictures dont show the radio's. I did find seperate pictures of the radio's. If you want hem i can scan the pictures and mail them to you.

Regards,

Bert

Guest canuck63

Hoi Bert,

as I've told you in my previous post the radio compartment of the G6 is different from the Early Gs....the HT Model book on the F-G4has many good pictures and diagrams (FROM THE ORIGINA MANUAL!!!!!) as well but they're useless if you're building a G6,and the book on the G6 oddly enough is rather vague on the subject!Whatever...the Aires set is quite accurate and you only have to pay attention where to glue what!

Cheers

Manny

• 3 months later...
Guest canuck63

A small update on my 109 G6 build!The fuse is about to be riveted all over but I’ve put it aside for a while and tackled the wings!I’ve nearly finished one of the upper wings(need to fill a line of rivets on the wingtip and add one in the correct place) and next will be installing Radu’s OUTSTANDING wheel well,which is glued to the inner upper wing.Radu’s wheel wells are INCREDIBLE and will add a lot to the model!

During the riveting stages I usually airbrush a thin coat of primer ( straight automotive Red Oxide primer this time) to check to which extent the rivets stand out,they look black in these pictures because I’ve filled them up with a slurry made of fine pigments and white spirit.

Cheers <_<

Manny

post-413-1221058366.jpg

post-413-1221058372.jpg