Fw190A-5

Jeff Herne

It's finished...this was one of those models that started out full throttle, then ended up back in the box, half-built, for more than a year. Truth be told, I built it when I first moved to Wisconsin, and was living in an apartment. Didn't have all my tools, so I stopped construction at the final assembly and painting phase. When I decided to finish it up, I found a bottle of CA, a pair of Xuron cutters, some sanding sticks, and two nice red sable brushes in the box! That, at the time I built it, was the extent of my modeling tools until the 'workshop' arrived.

The model is painted with Aeromaster paints, and the decals are from the kit. I scratchbuilt the supercharger intakes so I could paint the cowling yellow. I also decided to add the red tulips to the underside of the cowling, despite the fact that Jerry Crandall says they shouldn't be there. I couldn't find a photo that supported it (that's not saying I don't believe him!) and I wanted the extra color, so, I did it.

190_1.jpg

190_2.jpg

I've been on a tear these recent weeks, so I've got a few more models to post up once the camera batteries are charged up again.

Next project is the vacu-build...Do-335.

Jeff