Revell/Matchbox Tiger Moth

Here is were I am at after two long nights playin in the hobby room. It's been fun so far, espcially having just returned from a 10 day biz trip. I will confess I had the cockpit painted green before April 1st :ph34r: but everything else is result of two nights building. Its a nice kit for its age

Kit decals were used for instruments.

P4030007.jpg

I had a spare set of Edward lap belts.

P4030008.jpg

I cut the control surfaces and repositioned deflected

P4030009.jpg

Made new cockpit doors from card stock. Definately worth the ten minutes work when compared to the kit ones

P4030010.jpg

copious amounts of putty on the bottom sides

P4040012.jpg

It is starting to look like a moth

P4040013.jpg

P4040014.jpg

If all goes well this thing will be yellow by tomorrow night

thanks for looking, comments good or bad are welcome

Cheers

Ron

Give er' hell Ron...an all-time classic aircraft if there ever was one.I have my entire hobby room in boxes (moving) and won't be in the building stage for several months so I get to watch some excellent work in the meantime.I have a couple of these in the stash waiting to get some attention down the road...I'll be watching this one closely...

Gotta love the Tiger Moth. As an old Moth owner, I got to know the girl intimately and have built 5 of the old Matchbox kits over the years. If you are doing a CDN built Tiger Moth then you'll need to build it with the big canopy, rake the landing gear forward by trimming 1/8" from the from gear strut, add a tail wheel and a few other things.

I've got a 2 part construction article on my website http://www.barneysairforce if you want reference photos of the mods.

Barney in 1:1 scale and my Moth in 1:32

TigerByTheTail-1.jpg

Thanks guys,

Well it is now yellow!! I painting it last night. I'll post some pics later today

Barney, I know your build article well and it looks great. I've gone over it quite a few times now. One thing I am not doing because I am lazy is filling the wing slats and leading edge ribs to show the Cdn version the plywood leading edges. I looked at doing it then talked myself out of it. I dislike filling and that looked like a big job of filling, sanding. filling agian, sanding, filling again etc....

Thanks all

A little update. It is now Yellow! and decaled. I tried something new on this with the decals. I didn't gloss coat the kit, I applied the decals using future. I brushed future on the surface, applied the decal then swabbed away the future. It worked great. The future even softened the decals simular to microsol? Now it's time for a semi gloss clear coat then some black paint on the cowl etc. I used 4 lb fishing line for the control wires and will use 10 lb for the flying wires. If all goes well I will have this one done by the end of the weekend and can start the Lysander. Koodoo's to Revell for re-releasing these kits at such a low cost. This is great value at $22.oo for this kit!!! I paid the same for the Lysander, how can you miss with at those prices?

Thanks for looking

P4070003.jpg

P4070004.jpg

P4070005.jpg