IDS TORNADO superdetailed

Chris/Germany

Chris this is an amazing work as usual!!

Two ideas about the painting.

1st. Paint interior color before cammouflage. Mask and paint the cammo and then with fine brush paint the details. (this is what i did on my A-7)

2nd. Paint cammo as usual and then mask the fuselage leaving only the open panles unmasked...and paint!

Hope it makes sence!

Thanx mate......2nd suggestion was my first idea, seems much better to do the main cammo first and mask to paint the access-bays than doing it the other way!

Looks like a decision of "being in the mood for......." :)

Thanx again

Cheers

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Hy mates, have been busy with lots of family business the last three weeks but somehow I managed to find enough time to work on my nightmare of this build: the access-panels.

Here´s the result: the panels were formed by using modelling aluminium ( 0,4 mm) and bending it over the fuselage halves before the panels were removed/ milled out. The alu-panels are a bit like a " core" ´cause inner structure was added from plastic sheet 1mm, outside of the alupanel was covered with sheet 0,4 mm. Worst thing was to cut out the openings for the fasteners and form them from extremely thin alumine-sheet.

Hope I find a bit more time for better progress, deadline for this bird comes nearer and nearer ( end of June)

cheers

Chris

post-44-1210018865.jpg

• 6 months later...