academy F-18A+ conversion

blackbetty

so that wont work

i sanded the complete front of the fin back to the seam to get a flat surface to put the new edge on.

this edge i will reconstruct it using plasticsheet. hope that works

i cant repeat enough... be carefull if you do this, it saves a lot of work

post-2020-1207212631.jpg

thanx texas

not much progress over the weekend, but i managed to glue the second intake in. i am still waiting for the cam nozzles from greatmodells, so i cant put the rear of the engine in anyway

you have to use a lot of force (tape) to get the intake plates to fit snug against the fuselage

post-2020-1207565319.jpg

only other thing i did was sand the tails after an application of mr. surfacer to the edge and then prime them for the first time

these will go on last, even after the decals, just before the dullcote. i found it much easier to paint the fuselage without the fins, also the decalling, because you can lay them on a flat surface

post-2020-1207565472.jpg

having heard all the good that is said about the academy kit regarding fit, i must say i´m not impressed

maybe its just me and my clumsy big hands :)

i found it particulary hard to join the front part of the wings to the sides of the fuse leaving no gap

post-2020-1207654757.jpg

Beautiful job on those intakes , just superb - a Much better job than i've managed in the past - pat your self on the back - Excellent work !

Those gaps on the you've got on the LEX's have been there on all my Hornet builds -I've used plastic shims to fill the gap , and a little filler with tape either side of the join to protect the detail - easier to sand than the Superglue i normaly use