academy F-18A+ conversion

blackbetty

hi there - with the F-18 - its at the point your approaching that you have to be careful re the build order - , On my Hornets - I'd add the intake pieces first , then the lower fusalage side pieces, and then the upper fusalage , once the lower half is solid - otherwise you lose the ability to amend the position of intakes pieces, which can make like Very difficult ..

Oh and re-eforce the joins for the side panels from the inside - especially where the lower fusalage slime lights go. Itsa simple but joint , and it will seperate , unless you take precautions

thanx guys

so this is what i did next:

i mounted the sides and secured them in place with tape.

i put the intakes in first, because they widen at the joint to the engines and wont go in after mounting the sides

i will now wait for the sides to dry completly overnight an then glue the intakes

post-2020-1207212081.jpg

in the meantime i took a look at the fins

you have to remove them very, VERY carefully from the casting block. the leading edge is embedded in the block and if you just cut it off, the edge is gone. allthough i had heard of these problems, i jumped right in and made the same mistake :lol:

:angry:

i managed to get the second one right at least (on the right)

post-2020-1207212333.jpg