V-1 flying bomb.

Hi all,

Not sure if the Mods will allow this build in the GB.

It's not a plane.But it has wings,it flies and it's German.

So maybe,just maybe they will.

v-1.jpg

It's the kit version of a pre-build model...

http://www.pegasushobbies.com/

Not many parts to build.Some simple construction and painting.Should be done in no time.

Does anyone have diagrams for the launchingramp ? I might build a piece of it from scratch to have a small diorama.

(If not allowed in the GB,please move this topic to WIP)

Quick look through the library and Google turned up pictures of the ramp but no plans. Looks rather simple to make it from Plastruct I beams and angle irons and textured plastic card to simulate the concrete base.

First progess.

Being such a large kit with only 12 pieces it doesn't take long to build.

Some filling is needed on the joints but not that much.

The wings,stabs and rocketengine can be added after painting the bomb (dryfitted in the pic)

v-1-1.jpg

I shall make some kind of stand to display the model.

cool idea Erwin...you might want too check the RAF museum at Hendon website,. I believe they have a Fi-103 and the Launch rail on display there. You might be able to request some photos or a line drawing.

Cheers

Randy

I saw that when doing a "Google" on V-1 ramps.

Never came to mind to contact them. Will try it.

Hi Erwin,

The Tamiya 1/48 kit comes with a trolley. I can get you a photo of the one I built a few years back if you like, or you might find one on the net in the meantime.

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago, had no idea I'd see one built so soon. I've been tossing around whether to scratch a trolley or build some sort of stand, rather like the ship builders do.

It's be great to see more 1/18 kits available.

Hope this helps,

Tony

Hi Erwin,

The Tamiya 1/48 kit comes with a trolley. I can get you a photo of the one I built a few years back if you like,

Tony

Hi Tony,

That would be nice.

Another option would be to try and find that Tamiya kit cheap at a convention and use the parts as a means to mesure them and enlarge to 1/18 th from sratch.

A few options I can go by it seems.