Sign in to follow this  
Azgaron

Hawker Typhoon sight

I'm working on a Hawker Typhoon, and the sight in the kit looks like this!

hawker_typhoon_sight_264x304.jpg

Bad isn't it? Although I got a general idea how a sight should look, a pic or drawing would be nice. My intention is to try to make it look like a look alike instead of an ugly wannabe! :D

Cheers,

Azgaron

Hi Azgaron, MDC make a Typhoon cockpit I believe? I seem to recall seeing the gunsight on the MDC typhoon looked pretty sweet when Jay was building his Typhoon 'in the works'?

Don't have any actual pics of what it's supposed to look like though, sorry.

HTH

Ango

Thanks Ango!

I've seen reviews of the MDC cockpit, and it looks very nice, but it's a little too late for that and maybe a bit expensive. I'll see if I can find Jays build here.

Cheers,

Azgaron

Have a look here http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=17850

You are looking for a MkII gunsight

This type of gunsight was widely used on many RAF aircraft such as Spitfires and Hurricanes. You should be able to find lots of photos on the internet.

Some photos here http://www.warbirdsite.com/museumspitfire.html

Radu

Hi Azgaron

Check out this site, it has some info/pictures on a Typhoon gun sight

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=17850

If you scroll down about 3/4 of a page to the Mk IIL gun sight, it gives you some info on development also

Hope that helps

Alan

Edit Looks like Radub beat me to it

Thanks Radu and Alan!

Sorry to say, this is what I got when trying to reach the Axis History forum!

"Information

The forum in the process of moving to a new and faster server to solve the speed problem. Update: All forum posts etc has been moved and we're now working on moving the attachments. Once that has been done the forum will reopen."

But the Warbirdsite worked!

I'll see if I can work something out of the thing Revell made. It looks like the rectangular part is supposed to look like a holder for the sight, could that be possible? The the round part need to get rid of that strip, and have a round piece of transparent plastic added.Then maybe it'll look a little bit more like the thing it's supposed to.

Cheers,

Azgaron

If you can find them, Quickboost will sell you a set of 3 Mk7 sights, Cutting Edge also had gunsights for sale ans well as a company called Insight. However, these sights can only be found at swap meets. The gunsight from a trashed Has. Spit is also usable.

Thanks for the tip!

I don't think I'll buy any gunsights this time. Maybe the next time I do an old Revell with sad sight. Now I'll got an idea of how it looks, and I think that'll be enough for my under $50 GB build. B)

Cheers,

Azgaron