Hans beat me to it... He-219A-7 Combat Models

Brian-

Thanks for the reply- I love your work. You would not by chance have shots of both the other side and rear of that engine, would you?????

Beautiful photography!

THOR :)

Here's a link to a photo of the 219's powerplant installation. As you can see the radiators are arranged perpendicular to the inlet on the cowl, as per Jerry Rutman's interpretation ( similar to Ta 152H)

http://www.flightof2photography.com/galler...&startAt=16

HTH

Brian Silcox

• 2 weeks later...

Well Boys and Girls- The project continues....No pics today, as I need some more batteries for the camera! Anyway, I have been continuing the build rapidly, concentrating on subassemblies. Now, the kits plastic is very thin in places, and has proved problematic on the horizontal and vertical stabs- SO, I have laminated .040 plastic sheet, and will build these parts from scratch- I will start shaping them tonight. This may seem extreme, but, it is no more work than trying to correct the kit parts. The horizontal has no dihedral, is not wide enough, and has NO airfoil shape. I also can use the opportunity to make seperate control surfaces.

I am currently working on the fit and finish of the fuselage halves. I have sanded them down to the correct thickness, and have refined the cockpit openings- I have also primed them with auto rattle bomb fill primer. Once this is dry, I will ink in the panel lines for scribing, and start working the areas to be detailed. I have decided to go full bore, and detail the cockpit, the fuel tanks, the Schrage Musik bay and control surfaces. I have also designed a spar box for the wing mounting as well. Once I have the bays boxed in I want, I will then begin reinforcing the fuselage from the inside.

I am currently working on bulkhead shapes right now for the relevant openings. I have also ordered the Rutman set for the kit, but, It seems Jerry has a lead time of a couple of weeks, so I will be working on other areas until the parts arrive. So, I will work on the fuel tanks and the Shrage Muzik bays until then.

I will post pics as soon as I can- but she is slowly starting to look like a 219!

Thanks for all of the help and support!!!!!!!

THOR :ph34r:

Thor,

If u do what u'er planning for super detailing that "OWL".U'er going to make me and brian look bad as what we did with our 219's.But one thing i would like to ask of u when u'er done with u'er 219.Is there a chance that i could get a copy of those plans u sized up for this project.I have pnas on doing a 219 factory prototype when the time comes and those plans u have will be better than the ones i have of the vac kit.Larry

Larry-

I would absolutely be happy to send you a set. They are pretty good plans, and I am more and more happy with them every time I compare them to photos. As far as the parts are concerned- I am contemplating casting the parts I am making for the 219- I will not do the areas Jerry has already done, but, I am thinking of casting the tails, the gear wells Schrage weapons bay, and the DB-603A I am working on- But, we shall see what time permits- I am mainly concerned with trying to replicate the parts I am making on this one for two others I have planned.

Will let you know what develops........

Thanks-

THOR :)

• 1 month later...

Larry, Greg-

Howdy Boys! Work has been slow on the 219 due to a move over the last few weeks. I just recieved the detail set from Jerry, and the assesment that it will save some time is correct. It is a beautiful set, and I am looking forward to working with it.

As far as what I have accomplished, lets see- I have the left fuselage half filled, primed, sanded an all panel lines inked in. I am currently inking the lines on the right. I have started to clean up the resin bits from Jerry, and aside from not having any seats- the set is worth the money! I have also started to work on a DB-603, and am currently drawing out bulkhead shapes to reinforce the inside.

All in all she is coming together- I am not sure I will make the deadline for the Groupbuild, but I am going to damn sure try- Thanks for checking in. I will try and get some pictures up this weekend, if I can find where I packed the bloody camera!

Thanks-

THOR B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thor,

Anymore progress to report ?What's been done so far sure is looking impressive.I've been kicking around the idea of building up a twin engined A/C as well but as you can most likely guess it'll be an Italian subject.Speaking of Italian how's your Macchi 202 doing,mine's dead in the water for now due to lack of time for personal projects with too many comissioned project for the MAF museum ongoing.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette

Spads-

Thanks for checking in- Let me see what the heck I have done-

I recieved the Rutman set for the nacelles and pit- I have the cockpit parts cleaned up, and I am currently trying to detail them further- I am currently trying to build a new frame for the ejection seats-

I am still trying to scribe the fuselage halves- A never ending story- :rolleyes:

The Folgore is coming along- I have reprimed her for the third time, and managed to get the boogers down to about thirty total left for fixing- Mostly sanding scrathes and panel boo boos- :angry:

I will get pics up when I have some time-

Thanks-

THOR :blink:

• 2 months later...

Hi All-

Well, as can be imagined, I did not get this sucker done for the time being- But, I did make some progress, and wanted to update those who care- I have built the cockpit, using the Rutman set- I have added a ton of extra detail using various sources- I scratchbuilt a new ejector seat frame, and detailed the interior using styrene, brass and copper wire- I used Jerry's instrument panel, but sanded it flat- I added Fotocut German Instrument bezels, and added MDC harnesses to the seats.....I scratchbuilt A new rear bulkhead, and detailed the radios and radars.....

I have also built the spar box for the wings- I have hollowed out Jerry's Nacelles, and added scractbuilt radiators- I also have a very nice DB603 I have made- I still need to make the mount structure, though.....

I have the Schrage Musik bay built- It just needs detailing-

Anyway- I would say I am 60% complete on construction.....

As far as pics- I have no more ability to take them- I will try and get some up when I can- Anyway- Thanks for the support- Look for more in the future!

THOR :ph34r:

Hi All-

Well, as can be imagined, I did not get this sucker done for the time being- But, I did make some progress, and wanted to update those who care- I have built the cockpit, using the Rutman set- I have added a ton of extra detail using various sources- I scratchbuilt a new ejector seat frame, and detailed the interior using styrene, brass and copper wire- I used Jerry's instrument panel, but sanded it flat- I added Fotocut German Instrument bezels, and added MDC harnesses to the seats.....I scratchbuilt A new rear bulkhead, and detailed the radios and radars.....

I have also built the spar box for the wings- I have hollowed out Jerry's Nacelles, and added scractbuilt radiators- I also have a very nice DB603 I have made- I still need to make the mount structure, though.....

I have the Schrage Musik bay built- It just needs detailing-

Anyway- I would say I am 60% complete on construction.....

As far as pics- I have no more ability to take them- I will try and get some up when I can- Anyway- Thanks for the support- Look for more in the future!

THOR :(

Yo Brian, this is Ronnie from the Eagle Squad in Raleigh. Don't make the same mistake as the Luftwaffe and halt production on the He-219. What you've done so far sounds really good and I would like to see the completed project. I'm sure by now you're tempted to put it aside and start something else but hang in there and finish that mutha. Don't let all that work be wasted.