Sign in to follow this  
kopterdoctor

Revell Fw190D-9

Hi,

I'd like to see progress, but some things went wrong for me.

1. Pin mark on the engine plug

2. Looks like some parts in the engine plug weren't painted

3. Colours in my opinion in the engine plug are not apropriate

4. Cockpit is only painted in one colour and to heavy drybrushed in my opinion, lack of detail in cockpit also.

If You need any help, send me PM.

Regards,

Martin.

While I think that most of us welcome constructive critique of our efforts, there is little in this message that reads as very constructive. Some of us do this for fun and relaxation only. Some of us to show and or compete, some to be as accurate and detailed as possible. To come on here and do nothing but pick a build apart is not in the spirit of our Group Builds and frankly, not welcomed. You might want to read other postings on this forum and adjust your style to one that is more in keeping with our little community.

While I think that most of us welcome constructive critique of our efforts, there is little in this message that reads as very constructive. Some of us do this for fun and relaxation only. Some of us to show and or compete, some to be as accurate and detailed as possible. To come on here and do nothing but pick a build apart is not in the spirit of our Group Builds and frankly, not welcomed. You might want to read other postings on this forum and adjust your style to one that is more in keeping with our little community.

I agree with you LSP_Dave

Texas :blink: :D :D

I came here cause I saw fantastic superdetailed build threads, but I see that only one aprooved form of posting is to saying that everything is okay even when You clearly seen that it is not.

If You accept unremoved and visible pinmarks, ok, I don't, and I'll never point this out again.

Tried to be helpfull anyway, If not I apologize for style of my critique. But in my opinion it's better to point out what seems wrong.

As a moderator please show me what kind of critique is allowed and I'm not sarcastic.

Once more I apologize.

I generally build one model for about six months, only this Dora that I'm building right now is an exeption of this rule cause of the fact that she sould be finished till 31st of July. And the most important thing for me in modelling, this is my hobby, I'm not in the rush but in precision I trust.

Regards,

Martin.

I came here cause I saw fantastic superdetailed build threads, but I see that only one aprooved form of posting is to saying that everything is okay even when You clearly seen that it is not.

If You accept unremoved and visible pinmarks, ok, I don't, and I'll never point this out again.

Tried to be helpfull anyway, If not I apologize for style of my critique. But in my opinion it's better to point out what seems wrong.

As a moderator please show me what kind of critique is allowed and I'm not sarcastic.

Once more I apologize.

I generally build one model for about six months, only this Dora that I'm building right now is an exeption of this rule cause of the fact that she sould be finished till 31st of July. And the most important thing for me in modelling, this is my hobby, I'm not in the rush but in precision I trust.

Regards,

Martin.

There are indeed many fantastic super-detailed builds on LSP, and we're really proud to have the kind of membership who can produce such art. We also have some beginners hoping to learn some things and just about everything in between. This is also something we're proud of, and we're pretty diligent about trying to maintain an environment where all builders of all skill levels feel like they can share their work. You're doing some really great stuff with your Dora!

I think the thing that put some of us off in your original posting here was in the style. When you simply list the things that are wrong (or that are wrong for you) in a list the way you did it reads kinda rough. When I seek a critique from a more experienced modeler (in my case, that's most of 'em :blink: ) I'm not just looking for the error but some tips on what I should've been looking for or could've done differently. I'm not looking for a list.

Most of our Group Builds are intended to be fun and in some cases they are specifically intended to limit the tendency to get locked-up by AMS to the point where nothing gets finished. I for one always get into an argument with myself about detailing areas of a build that will vanish when it's done. The 'I'll know it's there' voice arguing with the "Nobody else will!" voice.

I think that if your critiques are more conversational and also more balanced (positive along with negative) you won't offend anybody. Beyond that there's always that thing most of our mothers used to say: If you can't say something nice about somebody, don't say anything at all.

Hopefully Kopterdoctor will forgive the hijacking of his thread for this off-topic exchange!

Perhaps this was all a misinterpretation of what Martin's message was. Perhaps Polish may be his native language and English a second language. Some of the German friends I write to send me very simple messages straight to the point because that is easier for them to write in English. Perhaps this is the same. Anyway, I like the progress you are making Kopterdoctor. I would like to see more pictures as they are ready and I am looking forward to seeing some paint on that Fuselage and some good weathering. :blink: :D :D

Perhaps this was all a misinterpretation of what Martin's message was. Perhaps Polish may be his native language and English a second language. Some of the German friends I write to send me very simple messages straight to the point because that is easier for them to write in English. Perhaps this is the same. Anyway, I like the progress you are making Kopterdoctor. I would like to see more pictures as they are ready and I am looking forward to seeing some paint on that Fuselage and some good weathering. :P :huh: ;)

Couldn't say this better :D Thank You.

Thanks Dave for the answer and sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'm trying to do my best.

Waiting for an update in this thread and sorry for this OT.

Poland is different country ... we take our hobby very serious :lol:

Hi Martin

No Problem. You are welcome.

:D :lol: :P

Kopterdoctor:

You had better not be holiding out on us. We want more pics. :huh: ;) :o

Sign in to follow this