Sea Fury?

DaveJ

Yep, looks good Dave. I'd buy one. Which primer did you use on it? Looks like Mr Surfacer to me, but I know you use the Tamiya ones as well.

Kev

Thanks Kev. It's the Tamiya fine white primer. I've since gone over it with a sanding sponge so it looks even more like Mr Surfacer but she's smooth as glass.

Now I just have to decide which scheme and get some paint! I'm pretty sure it's going to be a post - Bay of Pigs Cuban scheme.

Hi Dave,

looks great so far! Any cockpit shots?

I would go for the blue OZ scheme... :D

Cheers,

Chris

Well, I wasn't going to do this, because the cockpit in the kit is just pretty bad. There are raised 'details' on the IP that don't look like anything I've ever seen on any aircraft ever. The two things you think when you look at this cockpit are: 1) Good thing its a really small opening and 2) Closed canopy!

I'm still on record as liking this kit however.

So... here you go. Pardon the over-exposed flash photos.

Cockpit1800x.jpg

Cockpit2800x.jpg

Cockpit3800x.jpg

In regular lighting with the black interior, it's basically invisible.

That is the problem with the SeaFury interior, unlike the Hurricane,Typhoon and Tempest were there was green in the interiors the SeaFury is all interior black which can hide alot of the details. One would have to go with a black background and sort the details out with shades of dark grey so one can see the details and who is to say that the black did not fade to a some what dark grey colour to begin with.

Dave maybe you should crack the other one open and show us what the cockpit looks like on the sprue. l would be interested to see what needs to be done to fix the problems

Dave maybe you should crack the other one open and show us what the cockpit looks like on the sprue. l would be interested to see what needs to be done to fix the problems

Ask and ye shall receive:

SprueOne800x.jpg

SprueTwo800x.jpg

SprueThree800x.jpg

Oh well..... ok, better to paint the canopy inside black as well... :D ;)

Very poor detail... :lol:

True Chris but it takes a bonehead like me to take it and bring it up to snuff. Dispite the lack of details l think l am still going to buy one. l take it Dave it does not come with the air to ground rockets it used? If not pity but hey l made them once why not twice. Thanks for a peek dude

True Chris but it takes a bonehead like me to take it and bring it up to snuff. Dispite the lack of details l think l am still going to buy one. l take it Dave it does not come with the air to ground rockets it used? If not pity but hey l made them once why not twice. Thanks for a peek dude

Actually it does include drop tanks, bombs and rockets for load-out.

This kit has taken a slight left turn, or at least compared to what I thought I'd be doing with it at first.

I've decided to go with a Cuban pre-Bay of Pigs theme which is all OD green. By itself, kinda plain. The reason I chose this was to experiment with something I've never tried. I'm using highly thinned paints, very light coats and sanding in between coats. I want to build up different layers of slightly varied color in an attempt to create depth and fading that goes beyond the basic pre-shading that I've done up till now. I have no idea how it will turn out, but it sounds like an interesting idea in my head. If it works I can already see using the same technique for other projects where heavily faded / weathered subjects are being done.

Here are some shots after the first coat and sanding were done to the top of the airframe.

FadeOne2800x.jpg

FadeOne3800x.jpg