Jump to content
Martyn

Heller 1/24 Stuka

Recommended Posts

Being a busy day today, kept the wife happy by fitting a new power shower ;)

 

Took the daughter out for some driving practice :o

 

And last but not least I have fastened the wings and tailplane on to this

large beast.

I intend to leave her on the support blocks for at least a day to make sure the glue

has well and truly set, I do not want to go through setting up the wings again :P

 

31wingsfront.jpg

 

A bit of filling will be required on the wing joints, but besides that, the fit is not to bad.

 

32wingstop.jpg

 

Thanks for looking,

 

Cheers,

 

Martyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike and Erwin, thanks for the kind words, appreciate it ;) .

 

Not much has being done lately, but I have re-done the pilots seat and added

better looking seat belts than my earlier attempt (Well in my mind anyway), also

added a lap belt to the gunners seat.

Also hollowed out the exhausts prior to painting.

 

seatsandexhausts.jpg.

 

Soon be getting to the painting stage, I do not want to glue the engine cowlings on,

I want to be able to display the model when its finished with the option of having the

cowlings on or off. I have just got to work out how to keep the engine cowling securely

in place so that the masks can be applied without fear of cowling's moving. :blink:

 

Anybody got any suggestions ??

 

Again, thanks for looking,

 

Cheers Martyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps a few small pieces of blu-tac placed so they don't damage the engine detail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Perhaps a few small pieces of blu-tac placed so they don't damage the engine detail?

 

John, good idea, thats what I am going to try :lol:

 

Thanks for the suggestion.

 

Martyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick update prior to our tribe going away for our first yearly

camping trip :lol: .

 

After lots of test fitting and grinding away of excess plastic, I have finally

got the cowls to fit, and after experimenting with the blue tack idea, they

can be held fairly secuarly.

 

Painting started by adding some pre shading.

 

34leftsidewithcowling.jpg

 

35rightsidewithcowling.jpg

 

Closer view of cowling.

 

36closeupcowling.jpg

 

and final view of underside.

 

37Underneathpreshaded.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your Stuka is coming together really nicely! Gonna be a rather large bird in that scale, where do you plan to display her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks, once again thanks for your kind words of encouragement, I really

appreciate it.

 

Well our tribe are all back after our first yearly camping trip, we all enjoyed ourselfs

greatly, can't beat a bit of quality relaxing time with the wife and kids.

 

Can't wait to get back to the Stuka, more painting pics to follow in a bit.

 

Gonna be a rather large bird in that scale, where do you plan to display her?

 

Dave I have not got a clue :rolleyes:

 

Cheers,

 

Martyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks awesome so far. I built this same kit bout 6 years ago although OOB and not with all the extra attention. Still I was very happy with it and it was finished to the point of waiting for the future to cure and then decals and weathering to finish it up and two of my four cats were fighting on the table and knocked it off. Miracles of miracles - I caught it by the wing tip and didn't break a thing. I chastised the cats and chased them off the table. Well they came back and I didn't catch it the second time. Just yesterday cleaning up the garage I found one of the radio faces. C'est la guer. I have another waiting in the garage, in addition to the Hasegawa G, Revell B and 21st Centuy Toys B (with snake decals) - this is my third favorite WWII aircraft. Think I'll reference your work when I tackle my other 24th scale kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks,

Just a few more pictures with the progress so far, underside painted

 

38underneathfinalcoat.jpg

 

closer shot,

 

39underneathcloserfinalcoat.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Engine cowling, flaps and dive brakes.

 

40flapsandthingsunderneath.jpg

 

Canopy masks supplied with the Montex masking kit for this beast,

 

41masksbefore.jpg

 

Never used them before, always battled away with masking tape, boy what a difference

they make. What would have usually taken nearly one evening's season to complete took

only about 1 hour ----- Brilliant ;)

Thats both outside and inside masks.

Outside

 

42canopyoutsidemasked.jpg

 

and inside

 

43canopyinsidemasked.jpg

 

Thats it for now, next I have got to start and mask of the underside, ready for the top side

painting.

 

Cheers,

 

Martyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...