Almost there P 47 D

dashotgun

My flight to Dallas was delayed so I went home and did some more work.. I need better lights to photograph i t but it is almost done. I need to clean up the windscreen and canopy put on the antenna and pitot and a few of the lights and it is done.IMG_1498a-iC.jpg

Thanks for the kind words I will try to post some more and better pictures this weekend. I had to go to Dallas on business and now am trying to pick up the pieces back at work at home. Chris yes the fin strake is done and waiting to be attached. your kind words are appreciated since it was your build that inspired me!

Well your build looks great, and I'd love to see a pic of it after the strake is one too. Try to use natural light on the next shot because the flash washes out the detail and color.

How did the LSP decals perform for you?

Well your build looks great, and I'd love to see a pic of it after the strake is one too. Try to use natural light on the next shot because the flash washes out the detail and color.

How did the LSP decals perform for you?

will do hopefully I will finish it this weekend( I am on call unfortunately so maybe not) Work keep cutting into modeling time. :angry: The decals were superb. I really enjoyed them. I made a slight error in the red on the cowl it should be a little longer that impacted on the Bull decal but I was able to work it out. The hobby decals are great but the nmf it so smooth it did not always allow a grip on the transfer but over all I love them. The research color and ease of use was 1st rate. How about doing Chief ski ya mah or No guts no glory or Rat a tat for the next one?

Hope fully more and better picture this weekend David

"No Guts No Glory" is my fave P-47 ever, duxford is not half as good without it! :rolleyes:

Even though its interior painting on "no guts"is all over the pace i love it!

Also i am really liking all of the rarer nmf razorbacks that are coming up,

Godd job on this colour scheme, the only reason i havent done it is i have an old jug in this scheme in 72nd.

Nice work fella - Ads

99% finished now I just need to add the nav lights. I really need a photo tent I think the dynamic range out side( well it is sunset ) is just to great. I tried a program which compress dynamic range but it looks funny to me. I will get a photo tent or try some indirect lights. The magnified image reallyshows the windscreen shifted doesn't it?

as bonus some pics of the P 40p40.jpg

sideviewl.jpg

frontview.jpg

cockpit.jpg

If you shoot outside in the shade you get better results, the direct light increases the contrast too much.

This shot was taken outside in the shade at about 12 noon.

mt508_2_small.jpg

nice the front of my house points north I will try again tomorrow for now I am playing with some indirect flash in the house

balls2.jpg

balls.jpg