Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Azgaron

Hawker Typhoon Mk1

Recommended Posts

It's starting to look like a Typhoon now.

Succes with quick filling and sanding. I like to see the result after the first coat of paint!

 

Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Peter!

 

Most of the seams are filled and ready to get sanded! I hope to get going with the painting soon.

 

Cheers,

 

Azgaron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sanding is almost done, and it's soon time for primer, but I got one small problem.

 

hawker_typhoon_seam_640x480.jpg

 

I had to fill the seam where the wing parts meet, and now I wonder if the flap is supposed to be one or two parts?

 

Cheers,

 

Azgaron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Azgaron,

 

I consulted a drawing of the Typhoon.

The flaps are divided in two parts per wing.

The division starts at the hinge, at the kink in the wing, and is perpendicular to the hinge line.

One go with an Olfa P-cutter or an engraving needle should be sufficient.

 

Succes with painting!

 

Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Peter,

 

Thanks for the answer! I thought it might be that way! Then I'll do a perpendicular (had to use Google/Wikipedia) "cut" with an engraving tool.

 

Cheers,

 

Azgaron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the tip, Erwin!

 

A pity I didn't get it earlier! Maybe I can redo them later, or have it in mind to a later build!

 

Cheers,

 

Azgaron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I was hoping to finish this bird in the last minute, but my compressor connections wanted otherwise, and I wasn't able to fix it in time. Although I'm not sure I would have been able to make it, at least working stuff would have made it a bit easier. Enough ranting, now I'll go fix the connection properly so I can finish the Tiffy, and get started with my build for the Luftwaffe GB.

 

Cheers,

 

Azgaron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, I was hoping to finish this bird in the last minute, but my compressor connections wanted otherwise, and I wasn't able to fix it in time. Although I'm not sure I would have been able to make it, at least working stuff would have made it a bit easier. Enough ranting, now I'll go fix the connection properly so I can finish the Tiffy, and get started with my build for the Luftwaffe GB.

 

Cheers,

 

Azgaron

 

We'll still love to see the final results when you get her finished!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×