Hawker Typhoon Mk1

Azgaron

Me too! :P

Here's what I'm been up to!

hawker_typhoon_ip_parts_640x480.jpg

I'll just figure how I'd get them fastened without messing with the decal too much! A clear cote perhaps. After this is done I think I'll end the scratch building on this one.

Cheers,

Azgaron

Thanks Ray!

Yes, I guess it does. I used somewhat thinned out white glue, and that seemed to have worked nicely. I have a few more rings to do, then I'm done, but we have been doing some home improvements so my workspace is occupied. As soon as I'm done with the IP I'll close the fuselage.

Cheers,

Azgaron

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Azgaron,

So far so good with your Typhoon. I have one as well in the stash. The fuselage has a nasty mould line around the cockpit (I hope yours has not). I suppose Revell planned a bubble top Typhoon as well. Maybe sanding down the rivets a bit and carefully scrape away the mould line will improve appearances. The latter will be camouflaged by the rivets.

Peter

Thanks Peter!

I just checked, but I couldn't find any mouldline on mine. Hope you can manage to fix yours nicely!

Finally got the kitchen cleared out of junk, so now I'll can get back to modelling :lol:

Cheers,

Azgaron

Now I got things going again! :rolleyes:

I still need to do some minor work on the IP, so meanwhile I've been painting the pilot!

hawker_typhoon_pilot_1_640x480.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm going to use it, and I'm not sure how it should look, but it is fun painting! :(

The pilot figure is really ugly, and the hands look like the artist have been looking to much on Donald Duck, and in the last minute remembered that humans have five fingers! ;)

I also put together the engine parts and test fitted it in the fuselage!

hawker_typhoon_engine_testfit_640x480.jpg

I need to do some more painting before it goes where it belongs.

Cheers,

Azgaron