MDC Typhoon 440 sq. "Bodenplatte"

bsarnoffca

Great work mate. I would not say that the instrument panel looks bad. It needs some weatehring and washes. If it is not that neat, then you will not notice th irregularities. Try to give the thing a wash, fade the black paint in some areas between the instruments and dry brush it. I am sure it will look great.

Thanks everyone for nice words. it's true that all these pieces do look rougher under a macro lense. They really don't look so bad in normal viewing. I'll do a little more work on the instrument panel and repost. After looking at your old build Brian I think I'll give the engine more detail and post a shot of that as well.

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/B...yphoon.html#top

More, more, more!

Bill, the work you are doing on the Tiffie is brilliant, and the bonus for me is that it's probably my favourite aircraft. Your build is very inspiring for me because I have a Revell Typhoon waiting to be build one day, so your work here will serve as a 'how-to' guide.

keep the progress pics coming

Cheers

Ango

• 2 months later...

A little bit of the cockpit. Regarding the invasion stripes, most pictures of 440 sq. in late December show the stripes removed. I suppose it could go either way as many aircraft retained them well into 1945 but I decided to leave them off. The engine and firewall will go in as one unit.

post-453-1214973052.jpg