GB "ugly" aircraft......

Jack

I'd like to try and build the P2V-7B version, with the solid gun nose, i wouldn't "dare" and try the glass nose version, might screw it up, so in order to be safe i'll stick to the 7B.....if all else fails it's probably good enough to be in the UGLY-GB... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

have fun "digging" out the plans.. ;)

J.

BTW, this strikes me as being a very beautifull aircraft.....but then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder....!!

The problem with the P2V Neptunes is that no matter what they hung on it, it was always a beautiful airplane.

At least to me.

Stephen

OK, how about this.

Each member who wants to be part of this Group Build just select what he or she feels is the ugliest airplane and build that.

We do not all have to agree on the ugliest and all build the same plane.

All each of us has to do is build what each individual considers to be his idea of the ugliest airplane.

That should make an interesting and quite varied build.

Waddya say to that?

OK, how about this.

All each of us has to do is build what each individual considers to be his idea of the ugliest airplane.

That should make an interesting and quite varied build.

Waddya say to that?

You mean any emaginative contraption could participate or as i saw it only the excisting models, meaning the ones that actually flew in reality?

J.

You mean any emaginative contraption could participate or as i saw it only the excisting models, meaning the ones that actually flew in reality?

J.

No Jack, I mean we each build what we each think is the ugliest airplane that really existed.

Not that we each invent our own.

There are plenty of ugly airplanes that were really produced and flew to satisfy us all.

We could modify existing models, like putting that ASW goiter onto the Avenger.

Or those who can scratch build can build models of the really ugly airplanes that have existed.

We who want to build from kits may have to build in 1/48 scale because there are so few kits available in 1/32.

Maybe even 1/72 scale for a big ugly bomber.

This GB is your invention, Jack. You set the guidelines.

Designing and making our own airplanes would be a different GB, assuming anyone wanted to participate in it.

I intended that building airplanes for the Vulgarian Air Force would be that inventive type of build.

But that is a different topic, a different string. Nothing to do with this one.

Stephen

Ok, we have a race...........

Should take some time though, considering the few subjects available in 32nd scale, but maybe some of the LSP'ers are very inventive....

So, let's have a look in oh....six months? What you say?

J.

Ok, we have a race...........

Should take some time though, considering the few subjects available in 32nd scale, but maybe some of the LSP'ers are very inventive....

So, let's have a look in oh....six months? What you say?

J.

Jack,

Its your GB. You set the way it works.

I'm gonna look into the goiter radar and see if I can build one after I have the plans.

I'd like to make one, then a mold and sell casts to anyone who wants one. Thats why I would like to see if the five planes that used it all had the same standard goiter (Skyraider, Guardian, Neptune, Avenger and Gannet).

Enjoy,

Stephen

Swell... ;) ..!

Swelling wit anticipation.... :lol: :lol:

What the Swell..?? :ph34r:

See you in Heaven, Avenger

See you in Swell, Guardian ;)

Cheers,

ggc

Don't let all this erudition on your part give you a swelled head.

Of course, it is swell that you decided to comment on this thread.

I guess you are a real swell.

He he he :lol:

Stephen

Hm, the really "creative" aircraft designs tend to be a bit large for 1/32...

...british transport aircraft e.g., like the Armstrong-Whitworth Argosy...

...or think of those enchanting bombers, passenger planes and flying boats between the wars. Especially the graceful lines of Shorts Bros. designs can't be emphasised enough...

...the brits definitely turned designing "creative" aircrafts into its own form of art... :ph34r:

Okay, just need something in an acceptable size for a LSP. And well enough documented, too, to make life easier...

...but I'm sure I'll find something of interest. I already have two subjects on my mind. They may not qualify as the ugliest designs ever, but they are well formed enough to make one retch ;)

...but I'm sure I'll find something of interest. I already have two subjects on my mind. They may not qualify as the ugliest designs ever, but they are well formed enough to make one retch ;)

I think you're on the right track, either it being "ugly" or weird, extravagant, you name it.

There must be enough subjects that can be done in 1/32, so let's have a ball.. :lol: :P

Jack.

If you guys want a wierd aircraft to model try the Westland P.12 Lysander with the Delanne Tail and 4 gun turret in the rear.

http://www.unrealaircraft.com/hybrid/lysander.php

Lysanders models are still available in 1/32 scale, try ebay or the forums.

Or the Schpitzfire, a Spitfire with a German standard DB 605A-1 engine

http://www.unrealaircraft.com/hybrid/spitfire.php

Or a Messercane, a Yugoslav Hurricane with a DB601A engine

http://www.unrealaircraft.com/hybrid/hurricane.php

The Belgians also tried this with the Hurricanes they were building under lisence before they were overrun.

Or the variations using different engines in the Me-109 and the twin fuselage version.

http://www.unrealaircraft.com/hybrid/Bf109.php

Or the B-24J with the B-17G nose.

http://www.unrealaircraft.com/hybrid/B17G.php

And the list goes on.

Stephen

Talking about "your weird projects".........The so called EA-191 project of the P51B....if nothing else "good" can come out of the Trump P51B kit, then this one would be an option... :lol:

J.

post-16-1200783333.jpg

Talking about "your weird projects".........The so called EA-191 project of the P51B....if nothing else "good" can come out of the Trump P51B kit, then this one would be an option... :lol:

J.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I saw this one in an old animated cartoon once.

Eyes on that big bulgy canopy with a smiley mouth and a baseball cap on the top of the canopy.

It was a litttle boy airplane.

It had a B-17 as a father as I recall.

If you want to see a variety of P-51 projects look at this link

http://cmeunier.chez-alice.fr/MV02B.pdf

Enjoy, enjoy. :P ;) ;)