MDC Tony - My first model since the very tender age of 13

crobinsonh

Hi,

I have been watching the forums over the last couple of years and had some great help from numerous people regarding my various questions etc. I returned to modeling around 4 years ago after having last completed a 1/72nd Airfix Hunter at the age of 13. I have several partially built builds - an MDC Typhoon (just waiting for a replacement elevator to move on), a FM Halifax, Xtrakit Canberra PR9. Fisher Sea Fury and the MDC Tony.

I am hoping to get two things out of making this post:

1) Feedback and critique, 2) Impetus to complete a model! and 3) says thanks to what is an amazing community of people. By the way Radu, your models are amazing and MDC have the best casting I have seen with incredible customer service (I snapped both of the fuselage halves being an idiot and MDC replaced them at no cost).

The following photos are not great and all of the shots show assemblies that are incomplete.

Incomplete instrument panel with placed rudder pedals, unpainted straps and no gunsight or guns!

DSC_040317of26.jpg

Floor pan with seat fitted - but no armoured headrest

DSC_040923of26.jpg

Floor pan - with lots of pieces missing including cocking handles etc

DSC_040115of26.jpg

Right console - actually pretty much complete

DSC_040418of26.jpg

Left console with floor pan wedged in

DSC_042011of26.jpg

Left console with no floor pan

DSC_04124of26.jpg

DSC_040620of26.jpg

Thanks for looking and for your comments

HI I am not familiar with the kit your building but what I see in your photos look very nice and I for one thank your doing a great job on it. Keep the photos comming.

Texas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well.. I can only say, that Radu, MDC and You, make a great triplet! Great work on the cockpit, I really like the shading on the small pieces and the convincing chipping on the floor! Keep the pictures coming!

Cheers:

georch, from Hungary

Your first model since 13? how old are you now... 14? :blink:

cause that looks great! and certainly doesn't look like a first buid in years!!!

Thank you for your kind comments - I am now the tender age of 45 :rolleyes:

I have done a lot of reading of all the great builds on this site (and Hyperscale and Aircraftresourcecenter) and took a lot of notes!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everybody for their kind comments.

Here is the latest update from a couple of weeks ago - now looking to close the fuselage halves. I still need to radically improve my photography!

DSC_04271of7.jpg

DSC_04377of7.jpg

DSC_04292of7.jpg

DSC_04303of7.jpg

DSC_04325of7.jpg

DSC_04346of7.jpg

I am looking to rivet the Tony as all of the photos show that the rivets are very prominent on the natural metal airframes - this will also be a first :huh:

Bigger updates due soon.

Kind regards

Here is my first attempt at riveting using "Rosie" and the Model Art book for reference:

First of all I used a undercoat of Mr Resin Primer and then I drew the lines on.

DSC_00041of1.jpg

Then with good old Rosie...

DSC_00101of1.jpg

Now I just have everything else to rivet - and I am guessing that the fuselage will be a little more challenging :P