BF 109 F-4 21s Century

richter111

Ok I have the plane mostly done,

I have the wings, fuselage and gear build and assembled together.

I still have the seams and those side plugs to take care of.

I have the luxury of working on my models at work, and I got a solid 12 hour session in the other night. The nice thing about these models is the fact that they build in minutes. I am working on getting my digital camera up and running, and then I will put my pics up!

I am going for a desert camo scheme

Ok I ws able to get a photo up from my phone camera for now....

post-404-1199580681.jpg

Nature of my job allows me a lot of free time, most people read or watch DVD's, I model!

Today at home I got those pesky holes in the side, filled in and sanded smooth, and all the joints are now even and ready to go. I cleaned it, and hope to squirt the basecoat on it soon

Ok base coats are now on the bird. I went for the green oversprayed with the hasty effect white for winter camo. It turned out really good. I set my airbrush down to it's lowest setting, and shot the floquil reefer white, thinned with ronson lighter fluid. (There is no way that I know of to get a deader finish, than cutting enamels with lighter fluid.

I am leaning heavily towards experimenting with painting on the insignia, numbers and such. I am pretty sure the crosses will get squirted on at the very least.

The nice thing about 109's is the fact that you could spray it with purple polka dots over a light blue base coat, and chances are, someone somewhere on somefront flew the aircraft in that configuration!

As soon as I figure out a way to recharge my camera, I will get pics posted....

Ric

Ok, so I have the base coat, major assemblies attached, the minors to go. I decided to use the decals, in keeping with my completely out of the box theme. I have a couple of fixes here and there, and I will do some weathering, but it is going well!

The wonderful magic of photography allows you to see your oops more than you would like. So after all the stuff is attahced, I will go back and touch up here and there.

The best thing about this build? The fact that is is pure FUN!!!

I don't have to worry about the fiddly bits, spending $140.00 on aftermarket, and it is building quickly.

he entire reason I enjoyed this hobby when I started!

(That and I could fly my airplane around making engine sounds and shooting down everything because i was ALWAYS victorious!)

Thanks to whoever thought up this group build! It was a fantastic idea!!

Ric