REVELL P-47 D "Bubbletop"

Chris/Germany

Ok, one more box opened, starts as usual with the pit, out of the box, adding a little wiring, instruments are selfmade from small rings of brass-wire, glued on to the panel ( after sanding it down), painted them black, then instruments hand-painted with a 5/0 brush, then filled with a drop of gloss-laquer

post-4-1080690038.jpg

Not to forget the cylinders of the instruments that can be seen on the back of the instrument panel! They are small pieces cut from a aluminium-tube ( 2,4 mm inner diameter) an glued on to their place, they will be filled with 2-component glue and the wiring, made from tiny electronic cables where the plastic cover was removed, will be inserted.

post-4-1080690321.jpg

first wall forwards the cockpit should also be installed, made from modelling plywood ( 0,4 mm) cut to right shape, the little bridges are small stripes of plastic, and finally not to forget the carrier which looks through the gap in the panel, also from plywood with wholes milled in it

post-4-1080690613.jpg

started motor detailing today: glued the cylinder-halfs together, sanded down the molded wiring very carefully without ruining the cylinders itself, drilled wholes where the spark-plugs are mounted and inserted small pieces of brass-tube. These tubes make it very easy to insert the final wiring from alu or brass wire

post-4-1080769583.jpg

elktro-motor also installed, no problem in a Jug, enough space left. for those who want to know: I normally use motors from scrapped Disk-players or computer harddisks: good rpm ( 5000/7000), don't need much voltage ( 1,5 Volt is enough and turns down the rpm a bit ) and have enough power to turn even a big-prop.

post-4-1080780073.jpg

Psssst... "No, no, not you".........."YOU"!

Man your good, maybe too good!

This web site's not big enough for the both of us!

One of us will have to leave, Yeah that right... leave...and it looks like........

....."ME" LOL :)

Gotta say your work is fantastic, look forward to some more pics

Denie

Hi Denie,

I sometimes leave the forum when faced with work like that too.

I go to my models,have a good look at them and shake my head...I have a loooooong way to go compared with Chris !!

But we all do are best and keep on modelling .

Greetings

Hi Chris, Thanks for the production line lesson. Do you do anythig else during the day except build these great looking models. You are an inspiration to whoever is passing through a bad phase. Cheers and keep up the excellent production work Mr. Henry Ford himself would have been proud of.

Hohoho, mates.....wait!
It's nothing a good modeller can't do with a little bit of fantasy and a little bit more ( really only a little bit )patience and time . AND DONT FORGET: it was LSP that puts me on the way to try more and more detailing when I found this great web-site after starting modelling 3 years ago with those great models and guys. I was deeply impressed of what a modeller can do from a box filled with plastic and still I am.....Brian, can you hear me?
I tried this trick with the spark plugs for the first time and it works good, and I must honestly say I `m on the trip after reading the great interview of the one and only Rodney Williams here in LSP and I try to do it ( a little bit) like he does: looking at a part of the original and thinking: How can I copy it!
And right now there are only two reasons why I build three or more of one kit:
I love more-bird projects, and with every kit I get a bit better, little trick here, some modification there....
Oh, and Brian....I'm doin this at night, when my wifes and the kids are in bed, TV is on, glass of beer or wine...
Thanx again mates!
Chris