Sign in to follow this  
DaveJ

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vb

The main paint work is now complete. There are a couple of areas that will need to be touched-up after everything fully cures, but overall I think it came out OK. This was the first I'd tried the putty masking method on a 1/32 kit. It is a bit trickier than on smaller models!

Cammo2800x.jpg

Cammo3800x.jpg

Thanks Lads...

She's up on her own feet now, and most of the stencils are on.

Stencils3800x.jpg

Stencils2800x.jpg

Now it's just prop and spinner, decals, some other tidbits and sprint to the finish line! Next weekend is going to be here really fast and with it the end of this GB...

The wing leading edges have now been painted and decals well under weigh. :huh:

Might actually make the deadline!

Decals1800x.jpg

Well....

This one has not been my best work. The enthusiasm took its first knock when I discovered it had raised panel lines, and was compounded by several bone-headed mistakes that happened along the way. What I can say is: It's finished!

The rear-view mirror was swallowed by the Carpet Monster if you notice that is missing. I managed to photograph around most of the other issues...

Here are a couple pics. The rest will go in the gallery.

Two done for a 3-month GB though!

Final3800x.jpg

Final5800x.jpg

Final7800x.jpg

That turned out rather well Dave! Got in just under the wire too. How did the Techmod decals go?

Kev

Thanks Kev!

The Techmod decals didn't shatter as I'd read they were prone to do, but they were quite brittle. I didn't want to miss the placement by much because to slide them is to break them. They also don't conform to details very well. This could be partly due to my scribed panel lines being to delicate? I think that in my effort to not over-due them I may have under-done some of them. :lol:

I can't say I'd never use them again, but I'm not rushing out to buy them in bulk...

Sign in to follow this