Sign in to follow this  
DaveJ

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vb

Whoops-stuffed up the quotation feature there!

Sorry.

You can actually go back and fix that up if you feel so inclined Ian. Just edit the post and surround the text you want formatted as a quote like so:

[quote]quoted text[/quote]

I had to wrap that one in code tags otherwise it would have appeared as a formatted quote, not an example of what the code looks like.

HTH,

Kev

I'm sorry to say that I can't recall the brand of the templates

Looks like a Verlinden template.

Is the Verlinden set still available? One thing I've learned about rescribing is that you simply can't have enough shapes and templates lying around.

Kev

I had to wrap that one in code tags otherwise it would have appeared as a formatted quote, not an example of what the code looks like.

Were there words in that? ;)

Is the Verlinden set still available? One thing I've learned about rescribing is that you simply can't have enough shapes and templates lying around.

Kev

There are Verlinden and Hasegawa templates available on the Sprue Brothers site but I believe that the set in my picture up there is of a Hasegawa template...

Were there words in that? :huh:

Oops, sorry, did it again! I majored in Verbiage at uni, so I'm prone to verbal diarrhea on occasions. My day job is full of acronyms, initialisms, abbreviations and tech-talk, so that habit slips out now and again. It's not often that I confuse someone else! :blink:

There are Verlinden and Hasegawa templates available on the Sprue Brothers site but I believe that the set in my picture up there is of a Hasegawa template...

Hmm, I've got the Hasegawa one, and it looked similar-but-different to mine. And gold too! Mine's only silver...

;)

Kev

Good luck with the scribing mate. A really fun job. :rolleyes:

Great kit though eh?

Indeed it is! I'm getting pretty antsy to truly get it going. I just need to really stay focused on finishing the Phantom first since the 15th of Feb is rapidly approaching (plus I've decided to enter it in a contest on the 9th... yikes!) so after that's done I'll be kicking this Spitfire into high gear! There's another kit in the stash that could fit the Under 50 criteria for me if I can get this one done quickly enough.... ;)

I finally got to putter around with this build for a few hours this evening. Some painting and weathering of the cockpit has begun.

PitStart2800x.jpg

PitStart1800x.jpg

I need to get as much done as I can on both this one and the Sea Fury before the Luftwaffe GB begins and things get really busy!

Nice work Dave,

Ah, so many memories of when I built this as a kid! Needless to say, I never did rescribe my lines. This was the first model I built where I used those mini-Humbrol enamel sprays with some makeshift soft edge masking. looking forward to seeing this progress :D

Thanks guys...

The interior is finished! I tried making some tape belts but thought they looked awful when finished, so I decided that no belts were better than awful belts. :rolleyes:

Interior1800x.jpg

Interior3800x.jpg

Interior4800x.jpg

The fuselage is closed now also. I might get the wings on tonight.....

Thanks for looking!

Wings on!

Things will slow down for a while now. I attached the tops of the wings to the fuselage first before attaching the bottom section. This made for a much better join at the wing root but created some other issues on the belly. Ultimately I think those will still be the easier fix, but there's a fair amount of bodywork to do before primer or anything else.

Assembly2800x.jpg

Once things are farther along I may tell you about the HOLY CRAP!!! moment which occurred tonight. Seems there has to be at least one on every build for me.....

Looking good Dave. The cockpit turned out really nicely. Are you using the kit decals when the time comes?

Kev

The kit decals are pretty bad. The dark blue in the roundels looks black for one thing! I'll be trying Techmod decals for this one. My fingers are crossed that some of the issues I've read about don't plague me as well.

Sign in to follow this