1/32 Trumpeter P-38

ironman1945

Thanks everyone for the extremely kind words.

I must say that this would never have been possible without the guidance of those who have "Rub n Buffed" before me, with special note to Chris S. His P-51 was what initially inspired me.

I forgot to mention a few more things, the props are Contact Resin, and as the landing gear come in the kit I believe the port and starboard gear are too long while the nose gear is too short. I compensated for this when I scracthbuilt my gear.

Here is one final shot.

post-562-1234510459.jpg

As for whats next, well. As a teenaged back in 1977 I tried to convert Revell's old P-51B into a Mustang I. I did it with little to no information or referenceces, but I was proud of it because it was the first kit I had ever built that was not strictly out of the box.

Ever since then I have wanted to build a Mustang I, specifically of RCAF 414 Squadron. With Hobbycraft's new P-51A's out, and since I seem to be on a role, its on with the conversion. Will post in a new thread when I have made some progress.

Take care and have a good spring!

Dave/Ironman1945

post-562-1234510789.jpg

post-562-1234510811.jpg

• 1 month later...

Great job on my second most favorite USAAF bird! Great finish man. I can't wait to see what you do with the allison 51 Geoff. I just started on my 1/24 upgrade for the Airfix kit so I am still in "51 land". Got Neelys drawings down to 1/24 so all of duckies are in a row.

Are you going for the fighter or recon brit bird?

JR

• 10 years later...

Hey Two Hands. 

Rub n Buff has held up very well, likely in part because of the coats of Future I placed over top of it.

The Future allows for a fair bit of handling without anything rubbing off.

Cheers!

Dave/Ironman1945