1/24 Hurricane trop from Trumpeter

tigger

Hi Guys

here is my latest completed model it is the 1/24 scale Trumpeter Hurricane 2c Tropical built straight from the box for review and the Trumpeter competition at the IPMS UK Nationals next week. Just a reminder that the 32 SIG will have a couple of tables so come along and join us with your models , the more the merrier!! :blink:

Picture131.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

:blink:

Tigger

HI Guys

thank you all for the kind comments

Enjoy that trip to china John .... ;)

Beautiful build - superb weathering , and a brilliant build - as ever

As for Telford - I'm a no show again , Dammit ..... :angry: , but have a great time !

Nice thought Graham. I tried last year with my Yak and didn't get a look in with that, who knows what the judges are looking for. I did have the sponsor come up to me after the prize giving and mention that he thought the Yak should have won it!! Real shame you can't make it to Telford. I was trying to get to the Bondese show but alas I managed to convince the boss AKA MRS TIGGER that we should have a trip to the USA next year and end up in Virginia Beach in early August so no Bondese IPMS USA Nationals instead!! :blink:

Yak 18

John that's a really great looking build...now if only a new tool 1/32 would come around...

HI Dave I totally agree with you there I wish Trumpeter wouls scale this beauty down I will be mentioning such in my review too ;)

Great looking IIC!!! In one of my favorite sceme's, too! I am going to have to get that kit!!!

HI Ray

I can thoroughly recommend this model and the price seems to be falling too so hang on a little while and grab yourself a superb bargain. By the way Cammet are doing some etched parts already for the 1/24 scale Hurricanes.

Hi Tigger,

This is stunning work. I have never seen a Hurricane in such a interesting scheme. Really nice.

Thanks

Ian

HI Ian

I was a little stuck with the scheme. to tell the truth I had three seperate colour reference guides all of which contradicted each other. In the end I went with a little artistic license. I could not find any photographic reference either so I think I might have got away with a little interpretation of my own.

Tigger.

Don't forget Guys if you are going to the Nationals let us know if you are bringing along some models in time for Iain Ogilvie to make up some name plates for them. We have 12 feet of table space to display so we need models for display. If you cannot bring something them pop along and say hi to us as we get lonley :rolleyes:

Awesome! I have the same kit. I was mulling over cobbling together an SEAC bird, but that desert scheme w/the mottling is too good to pass up!

For some wierd reason, the Trumpeter plans misidentified it as a "1944" aircraft, when in fact it should have said 1942. This aircraft was also credited with shooting down 6 X Ju-88s during the Alamein battles.

Great stuff!

Tim W.

That is very nice - makes the hurricane quite 'sexy'. Always preferred any scheme on these other than the classic BoB!

Catch you at Telford - I'm going to do both days this time. Haven't been to a nationals since they were at Stoneleigh.

Matt