Look out the Brits are coming

Ian Aylmer

Hi all,

When the wings are fully extended, there is a silver part the same shape as that part of the fuselage which covers it when the wings are retracted. Again I haven't any images of the bird from the top. is this the same on all Tornados including DS birds???

Thanks

Ian

Yes, thats the same on all Tornados. It's some sort of "teflon-paint", a light/medium grey. The shape of underside is different from the top wingsurface.

Here you can see the underside: http://www.aeroweb.de/show/?id=2538625

Hi all,

Thanks for the tips you guys. I have stared at the shelves at Tescos for hours trying to find a future product but to no avail.

Must find some future.

Thanks

Ian

I think I read on Britmodeller that Tescos isn't carrying it anymore. Guess not that many people are polishing their floors these days. However, in the UK it's not called Future, but Klear. The bottle looks like so:

post-3154-1194014651.jpg

You should be able to find it in smaller stores with floor cleaning products.

HTH

HI Hope I havent caused you problems with your build. I have one more suggestion if your up for it and hove no luck finding the Future or Klear in your neck of the woods.

First remove the unwonted paint with Easy Off or by sanding (if you have or can get relly fine wetdry sandpaper).

Second repaint your clear where needed and let dry several days, a week if possible.

Third use liquid car wax on the clear part being very careful not to get it on the paint ( it will take the new paint off).

Now that I have totally confused everyone Have Fun

Texas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi all,

This is where I am with her at the moment. I need to add a whole heap of brackets to the pylons to hang some more stores. I am now in the process of decalling, of which, there are many.

post-1971-1194090593.jpg

Thanks

Ian :)

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments guys, keep them coming :lol: .

Today I have added the refueling probe and sidewinders. I have discovered a problem in the fact that having followed the diagram for applying the decals, it now means that the teeth around the nose cone won't fit without covering up the Foxy Killer banner. Grrrr. I will have to cut them down I suppose, but it is just one of those problems right at the end of a relatively easy build I could have done without. Lesson learned I think. :(

I am now awaiting a delivery of plasticard, I need to add some fins to the sides of the tail plane and change the fins on the fuel tanks, then it will look like a GRMk4 instead of an IDS in drag. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lancman, the larger missles in the box are HARMS, did our Tornados carry these in the Gulf War???

Couldn't find a Future product over the weekend either...................sigh. :(

So by the end of the week, fingers crossed, it should be done and on the shelf. :)

Thanks

Ian

Hi all,

Today I have hung some bombs, and managed to cut the teeth decal down and apply it. Though the latter does look a little odd as it is smaller than it should be. :lol:

I am going to put the canopy on it tomorrow and that about wraps it up. B)

I will post some pictures of the completed model tomorrow. I flipped through the pages here to see the progress in its various stages and couldn't believe the way it came together with a few inprovements, especially in terms of the way I used my air brush, washes and weathering and the like, even mixing and matching my own colours. It makes me feel a little more confident in terms of what I can now do. Thanks to all who have contributed along the way, you know who you are. :blink: :ph34r: :lol:

Areas to improve on with the next kit, filling and sanding, my weakest point.

Thanks all.

Ian

That's a nice looking tornado there , really nice build ..

The RAF Tornado don't use HARMS, we have ALARMs - not in any kit , but available in resin from CAM or as White metan/PE from Flightpath

As for Klear/Future - I saw it on the shelf at my local ASDA , £2.95 a bottle - so it is out there

Hi all,

Scotsman, thanks, really, I am chuffed with it too. Rookie, are you being kind? ;) I found out about the Alarms, thanks anyway Scotsman, I have hung LGB's now anyway.

Well, she's finished, and wouldn't you know it, the camera has run out of batteries! :angry: :) :angry:

I will post some pictures of her tomorrow, and then reveal what I intend to do next. It is on the list below, bet you can't guess which one???

Thanks

Ian :rolleyes:

Looks pretty cool alright. :rolleyes:

bet you can't guess which one???

They all look like great kits, it would be hard to pick. If it were me, I would go for the easiest one!

Otherwise, that Tam Phantom would be awesome.

Keith.