Look out the Brits are coming

Ian Aylmer

Hi all,

For my next project I shall be doing the Revell Tornado. I have the German Tiger Stripe kit, but I will be doing a Desert Storm bird.

Here are the resin seats I shall be using, I can't remember what make they are, I got them a while ago!

post-1971-1192719923.jpg

May start tonight with any luck.

Keep looking.

And finally, a BIG thanks to Lancman who sent me through some decals and stuff after he finished his Tonka. :P

Thanks

Ian

Hi all,

Well, I took the decision to take the day off from work and get this one going. :rolleyes: Just as well I am the boss. :rolleyes:

Progress to date: Have removed the resin block from the bottom of the seats. Why can't they do this in the factory??? :rolleyes:

Have sourced all the paint colours that I am going to need.........One problem.

Does anyone know the colour I should use for the desert sand of this bird, I mean a reference number would be great be please guys???

For the rest of today then I shall be painting seats and the cockpit. You never know I may even have it assembled. Don't hold me too it though. ;)

Thanks

Ian

Xtracolor aka Hannants have the factory version of the Desert sand colour in stock, But to be honest , the colour varied so much , with exposure to the desert sun,and the pollution in the air, that a "factory shade" is only an approximation - best bet is to start with a generic pink/flesh colour, and add/remove brown until you get a match that your happy with

Hi all,

Well I have spent the day painting the seats, copying a picture I got from the ejection site. So far, so good. I have used ten colours so far, though the picture doesn't really do that fact any justice. <_<

I need to apply a dark wash to the metal frame to bring out the rivets etc, then I may apply some Tamiya smoke to highlight shadows. Then a few placards need highlighting in red and some in silver and black and finally a matt cote to seal it all in.

With all of this done I really hope that it will present a realistic presentation of the MB Mk10. Super! :P

I have applied a light grey coat to the cockpit interiors and downloaded some walk around stuff too. I shall hopefully have this and the seats done by end of play tomorrow. I may also start to glue wings and things together in preparation for moving forward on the main build.

So far so good. ;)

post-1971-1192824240.jpg

Thanks all

Ian

Hi all,

Does anybody know how I can make the placards on the head rest look like they have the tiny white writing on them? I am thinkingof dipping a tooth pick in the paint and making lines? <_<

Is there a better way? :P

Thanks

Ian ;)

Hi all,

I am posting some pictures of the office to my Tornado. So far I think it looks good? I am going to highlight a few more areas, and perhaps apply another matt coat. Again, when I saw these pictures I was blown away, I guess I must be learning. :ph34r:

post-1971-1192908526.jpg

post-1971-1192908496.jpg

post-1971-1192908487.jpg

The first picture shows how the work area looks at the moment. As I learnt from the last model, keep everything in its place!!! Helps me prevent frustration building. :P

Hope you like it?

Thanks for looking.

Ian :o

Hi all,

OK, this is it for today. I have started the fuselage glueing, unfortunately the back half won't play ball so I am glueing it in stages. Front, hence the pegs, middle and back. Hopefully all will go well. :ph34r:

The front went together very well.

post-1971-1192914066.jpg

post-1971-1192914270.jpg

Now I shall leave things to cure over night. Hopefully the two halves will meet well in the middle and I can continue my build unhindered. Famous last words??? :P

Thanks all

Ian

Hi Ian.

looks like you're doing ok. I vividly remember using a vast amount of Tamiya putty on the one I did... gaps everywhere!

Still, it's a Revell kit so what do you expect?

You will probably still finish before I do.