Montex masks application tip...this works like a dream

Dave Pratt

Here's what I do for the application of my Montex masks.I cut out small strips of paper and place them around the perimeter of the mask.This doeas a few things...first,it allows you to re-position the mask if your not happy with the first alignment.The masks have a great adhesive and just the bare amount of contact is needed for the masks to be effective.Just pull up on one side or the other of the paper surrounding the mask and it will lift with no fuss and leave no residue.You don't want and don't need to have the whole mask stuck to your model...second,the paper around the mask acts to keep excess paint spray off of your build...third...mix your paint thinner than usual so as to avoid paint from running under the mask via a panel line or contour.Here's some pictures of how the paper on the mask should look.I've done this on the last three builds and it works like a charm and makes using the Montex masks so much easier...give it a try...cheers

post-90-1189587935.jpg

Hi Brad,

The best place in North America is Design & Marketing International.Montex has a few different sets of P-47 masks but they're always coming up with new sets.I also have a bunch of G-4 kits and the best place to have a look is the Montex web site www.montex-mask.com .Yes they do have a few Spitfire mask sets so give them a look...cheers

Hi Brad,

The best place in North America is Design & Marketing International.Montex has a few different sets of P-47 masks but they're always coming up with new sets.I also have a bunch of G-4 kits and the best place to have a look is the Montex web site www.montex-mask.com .Yes they do have a few Spitfire mask sets so give them a look...cheers

Thanks Dave, I found them.

Cheers

Brad