MESSASCHNIZEL

Thanks Guys, the cartoon models are a 'release" of sorts from the more serious modelling that we engage in...personally, I try to model in various genre and scales....I must confess that my stash of 1/32 or larger a/c models is limited...this site is most active and the demenor of the posters is VERY positive....which is a credit to all of participants...!! ;)

I do more "serious" modeling but usually in 1/48 or smaller scales. Perhaps I'll post some of these builds on the general board.

The Messaschnitzel should be completed in a week of two then it's on to the Vulgarian a/c. Looking through the incomplete WIP I found a 1/28 SPAD that I started in 1968, with Lt. Frank Lukes markings....since this GB runs through February '08 I may even get it done....that would be something..!

Cheers,

ggc

Thanks much for the positive comments..! I'm planning to complete the final touches on the Messaschnitzel over the holiday...I've started the rebuild of the Comic Ni-11 as part of this GB ( postings to follow on the Vulgarian thread)..and the SPAD XIII in 1/28 will also get a once over to see what will be needed to bring it to completion....I may have to "source" another mg for the Ni-11 however... :rolleyes: :lol:

Ian, I take it that you prefer jets to planes with a proper fan in the front.. :huh: , that's OK ...I have quite a few jets in the stash just waiting for the right urge....

Cheers,

ggc

Rookie et al: Vell der Messascnitzel est complete!!

PB260040cropped.jpg

To the kit I added, cowl cooling slots, cowl mg's(Karaya) perforated barrels, wing and nose cannons (K&S alum. tubing), phot-etch cockpit guages (Detail Master), a s/b gun sight, s/b radio gear, exaust detailing (styrene rodand flat stock), brake lines (copper wire),s/b alerion mass balances (reworked sprue), decals from 21st Cent 109F (1/32) and Hasegawa 109E-3 (1/48)..drop tank from 21st Cent. 109G kit (1/32), wing tip lights added (wihite glue and paint) and styrene rod details added to main wheels. Paint used was a mix of Humbrol, Testor, Tamiya and Pactra enamels and acrylics.

Here is an excerpt from the kit box:

" Ya! Das is ein Messaschnitzel," said Obertleutnantkommandant V.W. Gemeinschaft. "Look at dot...straight edge vings....schpiffy lookin' cockpit mit lots of vindows...big schkoop underneath...und der squared off tail. Ya, Herr Zeppelin Kommandant Bimpzeug, das is definitely ein Messaschnitzel. Vun of ours." Dumkopf! Then vhy is he diving full schpeed at der Zeppelin mit shootin' off der machine guns?" shouted Zeppelin Kommandant Blimpzeug from under the map table. Diving out of the sun at the ill-fated Zeppelin. Weiner Moldy gunned the Daimmler-Bent engine of the Messaschnitzel and opened up with full firepower....not noticing the huge insignia on the side of the dirigible that marked it as one of his own. Weiner just cranked on, dreaming of this triumphant moment of glory...entering his home town of Frankfurter and presiding over the opening of the Schnitzel Festival. Unfortunately, Weiner had destroyed the Gur Yahr Zeppelin and was sentenced to 3 years of "Hogan's Heroes" reruns..."

PB260036cropped.jpg

PB260037.jpg

PB260038cropped.jpg

PB260039cropped.jpg

I had a blast finally completeing this comic a/c..

Cheers,

ggc

Here are a couple of pics of the paired Messaschnizel and Spitsfire.... Finnaly able to be displayed togeather. I updated the Spitsfire with brake lines, wing tip lights and some scuff marks on the wing roots.

Cheers,

ggc

PB260041cropped.jpg

PB260042cropped.jpg

hOWDY Texas..!

Thank's for the kind words...they make a unique pair, don't U think..? ;) :P

Cheers,

ggc

HI :rolleyes: I am sure they will attract a lot of attention and be the :rolleyes: stars of the show no matter where they go :rolleyes:

Texas