Revell (via Hasegawa) Spitfire Mk i/ii

The Phantom is an ancient Monogram C/D which I pickde up for Au$10 at the West Australian Modeller's Expo two weeks back. Couldn't resist starting her. With a stash full of state of the art offerings I seem to have some perverse bent towards self torture.

Interesting to compare the defining fighters of their respective ages, 25 years apart-a 48th Rhino is so much bigger than a 32nd Spit!

post-2259-1191215199.jpg

Good to see one of us is working on his Spit Ian.Tough luck on the damage but it looks like you patched her up just fine.I've had a my nose in the books this past week and one more week to go.My head hurts just thinking about it :blink: but once that's done I should be able to make some more progress on my Vb.What markings is she going to have???

Hey Dave.

Al Deere's "Kiwi", KL-B.

I just re-read "Nine Lives" and you couldn't really hope for a more defining early Battle Spit.

I've got the original Revell MkI from Lord nows how long ago, and I'm hoping those decals I need will hold up.

I needed a bit of filler on the rear of the lower wing to fuselage join, and a fair bit of sanding to remove a 'step'.

I'm not happy with the curve on the rescribing of the wing root, but it's all a learning process.

post-2259-1191215982.jpg

Last one.

I'm not sure whether early Spit's had the crowbar, but I made one from a lenth of dressmaker's pin. It wasn't until I started researching this that I realised how profoundly different the Mk 1 cockpit is to the Mk 5, and since I used the Eduard photo etch set for the V cockpit, historical accuracy has been sacrificed for fun and practice!

• 2 weeks later...

HI Looking good. Will make a great model.

The Monogram F-4D is a relly good kit even if it has raised pannel lines. Built one when they first came out. It's setting in a display at one of the local schools.

Texas ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: