Me 110C-4 and G-4 build

THE SOLUTION AND THE BUILD

post-542-1192454258.jpg

l first went out and bought this Tamyia German Infantry Weopons set

post-542-1192454290.jpg

we are after this gun. The MG 34 was the infantry version of the MG-17 used in most of the Luftwaffe aircraft. The fighter version was made first then later adapted for infantry use

post-542-1192454633.jpg

All we need is the barrel and the ammo feed/shell ejector chutes. So we cut as shown between that and the trigger

post-542-1192454657.jpg

As shown in this diagram the rear section has to be scratchbuilt with stryene rod of the same diameter as the rear part of the Tamyia kit

post-542-1192454910.jpg

post-542-1192454928.jpg

Once together and proper detailing we should acheive this result and doing 3 more times

post-542-1192455052.jpg

so we can go on to the next phase of this build which is shown here the nose guns of the Me 110C-4B

post-542-1192455557.jpg

before painting the area minus the guns we have to run some fine solder wire from the compress air bottles to the various points where they will be attached to the guns once every thing is painted and attached

post-542-1192455893.jpg

post-542-1192455911.jpg

post-542-1192455926.jpg

Using some lead sheet l have here l cut a strip about the width of the ejector chutes and then cut to size and bent them to shape. l then glued each to their proper place. So there we have our 110C gun nose just about complete now on to the 110G gun

When we last left off l had just started to work on 110G nose and now we finish that too

post-542-1192456863.jpg

here we have a diagram showing what l am up against

post-542-1192456301.jpg

an actual shot of the G series Mk 108 30mm gun installation

post-542-1192457276.jpg

picking up the where we last left off l build out of stryene the ammo feed /ejiction chutes and detail it the lines running from the compressed air bottles to the where the lines will be attached to the cannons. l also attached HO grab lrons for handle to the ammo storage area

post-542-1192457540.jpg

post-542-1192457555.jpg

post-542-1192457580.jpg

the finished product. Well guys thats all for today its been a long week last week building all of this and l hope you enjoyed this posting. l now have to work on the Schrage Musik installation for the 110G-4 and the 20 mm cannons for both planes. Almost there on those too so later

Hi

The detail on this si very nice indeed, keep it coming. <_<

Thanks

Ian

Wow, looking good Hacker!!! A real change from the kit parts!!!

Thanks guys it took me a whole week working a couple hours at night to get these guns done but l think it well worth the efford

Hey Dave, great work so far...

I've been thinking about the wing radiator problem. In the absence of any cut-away illustrations or good quality phots of the area, I came up with this idea...

I think Messerschmitt would have approached the '110 wing radiator in a similar fashion to their other successful product of the time, the '109. All the systems on Bayerisch Flug aircraft were well engineered for ease of maintenance and repair in the field. '109 radiators fit into a hollowed-out tub and were easily replaced by detaching the assembly from it's mounting points, and lastly the two coolant fittings, arranged on top of one another toward the aircraft centreline. The only difference to the '110 would be that instead of two smaller radiators for each engine as on the '109, you had one large radiator for each Zerstorer engine.

I reckon the coolant lines would follow the same Bf principle, of one coolant pipe atop another, situated at right angles to and feeding in towards the centreline for ease of maintenance. The lines would run high within the nacelle, to avoid fouling the gear retraction mechanisms, and then feed down under the engine. I have dabbled a little with the photo you've supplied, see what you think...post-516-1192537169.jpg

Steve.

post-542-1192539441.jpg

l sort of came to that conclusion myself thinking about it. The fairing covering the radatiors extend over to the necelle where the wheel wells are. Its probally covering the pipes from and to the radiators. One of these as shown pointed out in the pic l found for this explaination comes out into the wheel well then goes into the fire wall to the engine. So your drawing really gives me more ammo towards that theory l will keep this in mind when l come to this part of the builds