Incomplete/Stalled projects GB

LSP_Matt

Time to kick off the next group build. The plan is for this GB to go over a period of 6 months. There are no restrictions on the media in which you build in or how much you've done to date...it just has to be a kit you have started but haven't finished.

We have two new helpers for the GB. They will be 'Ray' and 'Hacker' who will share the tasks of encouragement and also make sure you guys/girls? get the assistance you need to finish these projects.

What we would like is for each entry (you can have more than one), to contain some info on the following proforma

• Type
  • Scale
  • Manufacturer
  • Your aim in this build
  • What stopped build? ( lack of intel/a technique problem/equipment issues/modification woes)
  • What do you think would help you build get through to completion?

The intent is to create a little camraderie and some teamwork ( model club style) in helping each other finish projects that have been languishing. In some cases its sure to be a lack of intel on a particular part or aspect of a build. Hopefully one of our members supporting the GB's ( not necessarily building anything) will contribute whats required to assist in getting things over the line. If its a part you need...then ask away...someone might cast you a copy or send you a spare.

Bear in mind that if you'd prefer people didn't offer you tips that you have to state this at the beginning of your thread to avoid offence.

If you've had a build going on in one of the other GB's then we can move those across for you to carry on.

So come on down and get stuck in. Lets get some of those old builds in open boxes finished and sitting on the shelf.

This is the place for questions so fire away if you have any

Are we sure about the dates here guys? Or, am I reading something wrong here? :wacko:

Cheers

Alan B)

What's the problem Alan? You mean you can't build backwards through time?? B)

Does this mean that the kits have to become less complete the closer to the end we get?

Well it’s official now it seems I am one of two gentlemen (using the term loosely) :lol: B) that is going to moderate Group Build. First off welcome to the current Group Build. :) As you all know I am not any stranger to building models and what help I can give in advice I will do my best to answer them or direct you to members who do.(If you hear a loud shout for help its just me guys) :blink: :blink:

Now gang I am stepping up to the plate here (and maybe even get hit by a fast ball) trying not to step on toes or cross boundaries and discuss a few ideas I have with you chaps about future Group Builds. As you all figured that the current build goes as planned but I would like to change things up a bit in the New Year. What I like try to do is have 4 builds a year with 4 month build period with each over lapping the other by one month. Each build will have a theme with each having categories that you will vote on doing. Some of you like jets while others like WW2 while some of you want to do something different. So I decide that each theme will be an era in chronological order. Example WW one to 1929 for the first part of the year, 1930 to WW 2 so on and so forth then each will have a category to vote one for example 1930 to WW 2 will have Mediterranean theater , Eastern Front etc. What I am trying to do is break it up a bit and put variety in the system and spice it up so we don’t do the same things every build. Don’t mind WW2 German planes but there are a host of other subjects out there that we should be doing and hey you might even enjoy it Anyways that’s what l hope to do so l hope you guys like it and I would like to hear your input on this as I am trying to create something strictly with an LSP flavor (by the way what does that taste like??? :D :P )

Hacker :) B)

If you've had a build going on in one of the other GB's then we can move those across for you to carry on.

Outstanding! An excuse to finish off some of my in-progress pile!

If at all possible, could someone please move my 21C F4U-1D build over to this GB? Might be a while, but I'm reasonably certain that it'll get finished by the deadline on this one... B)

Then there's that pesky old-tool Fw 190A-8 to do, and that old Revell '190D, too. Where'd I stick that started Bronco L-4/J-3 project...? Hmmmmmmmm... With the holidays rushing up in a couple months, probably won't get back to the PCM C.200 in time... :lol:

Thanks guys!

D

Um....what he said! :lol: Hoping to keep the GB's going and fun, and getting people to try new things. Similarly to what Hacker said, I think we should have some overlapping builds to get as many people involved as possible, although I would like to see more variety in length as well as topic. Like 2 - 6 month builds that might be more involved and 3 - 4 month builds. And I would like to see a variety of topics from biplanes to blow torches. Wouldn't mind occasionally seing a "What else do you build" topic that would include cars/jets AFV's/ships/scifi anything except LSP, just to give things a break!

I'll be posting one or two of my stalled projects, but not till after 'Nats!!!

I'll be posting one or two of my stalled projects, but not till after 'Nats!!!

Sure leave me with all the work. My mother told me this would happen if l married you !!!! :blink: :blink: :lol:

Hacker B) :D

Welcome Ray and Hacker...thanks for helping out :lol: :lol:

If you're all wondering where threads went I did some merging so it can keeo the forum nice and neat. righto...back to washing my hands (OCD)

Cheers Matty

Welcome Ray and Hacker...thanks for helping out ;) :D

If you're all wondering where threads went I did some merging so it can keeo the forum nice and neat. righto...back to washing my hands (OCD)

Cheers Matty

Matty just likes to confuse us old folks :lol: :P :rolleyes:

So far gang we are off to a great start with some interesting projects being thrown into the fray.

They are as follows:

• Tamiya F-14A Tomcat by Texas
  • F-4J Phantom II Jolly Rogers late 1971 by RookieLSP
  • Revell/Monogram/Hasegawa Spitfire MkVb by Dave Pratt
  • 1/32 Chinese F7EB by LSP Matt
  • The return of the Revell Monsters... XP-38 resurfacing! by KOTR
  • Special Hobby Curtiss P-36 by LSP Chris
  • Revell F-18 by Allok
  • Rex In Limbo by pennausamike
  • Me 110C-4 and G-4 build by yours truely
  • Hasegawa Bf 109 G-6/R6 Lt.Manfred Dieterle's "Yellow 1", 3./JG300 by Wumm
  • Hasegawa Ki-84, stalled and neglected by bdthoresen
  • 21st Century F4U-1D kit by D Bellis
  • Revell F-15D by blackbetty
  • Revell (via Hasegawa) Spitfire Mk i/ii by Ian
  • Old Revell 1/32 F-18A by JerryR

There is quite a few here l am looking forward to see work in progress on and see completed ( including my own if l get motavated) .

Keep up the good work there chaps and there will be extra rum in your rations tonight

Hacker :) B)

Ok, OK allreddy.

David Thompson and I had a group build going two-three years ago.

We were constructing our own concepts of the 1/32 scale Vulgarian Air Force three engine float P-38's.

David and I shared the same sense of humor and I sent him one of my extra P-38's and we got started.

I am afraid that I got stalled. Identity crisis after retirement messed me up a bit.

Then David got to work on his resin kits so he could generate some more income.

Unfortunately, David is gone now and I will really miss his humor - we were on the same wave length.

But now I am back, and with a vengeance (no, not the Vultee).

So I will get back to making some more Vulgarian Air Force aircraft.

However, this time I will not announce what I am doing in advance, I will just send photos.

Problem is, most of my models end up as part of my sculpture.

It is really hard for me to find time for fun when I am seeking the pleasure of making art.

Another project is the Vulgarian biplane F-86.

There is logic behind these designs. It is just that you have to be familiar with the culture and countryside of Vulgaria to understand it all.

I have the parts together for both of these designs, it is just finding the time to build the things.

I got tired of being retired so now I have several part time jobs and projects. I am as busy now as I was before I retired.

I will keep in touch and if anyone wants to build from their imagination, let me know.

Maybe we can get the Vulgarian Air Force back up in the air. :rolleyes:

Kool !! Just the type of warped twisted humour we all like around here (some more twisted and warped then others.......hey did someone just mentioned my name here ???) Looking for ward to this one .

hacker :rolleyes: :lol: