Hasegawa 190 A4

Don Watters

I thought it was about time to dip my toes in the water (or as Bart Simpson would say, "Long time listener, first time caller...").

I couldn't find a scheme for an A5 that really grabbed me, so I thought I'd try backdating the A5 to an A4 with the intention of doing a 'Channel scheme' of some sort.

I started by cutting the wing root/fuselage extension.

post-1687-1186553226.jpg

I've been stockpiling tricks and tips, as well as tools, and I'm hoping to try a number of them out on this build. I recently purchased a Waldron Punch 'n Die Set, so I used this to punch out the kit dials from the decal sheet. I've never liked the end result I've achieved with instrument panel decals, but I'm quite happy with this. The only other thing I'd like to come up with is a better simulation of glass on the dials. Not sure Future will do the trick.

post-1687-1186553626.jpg

The other firsts for me will include using Future as the gloss coat, maybe printing my own decals and of course a detailed (and hopefully accurate) conversion/backdate.

Thanks for looking... :o

Looking good, a tip to acheive a more realistic glass on the dials is to put a small blob of Micro Kristal Klear on each dial face it goes on white but dries perfectly clear, it gives better depth to the glass.

Funny you should say that, I was thinking I might raid a menswear store in town and see if I can scrounge up the very thin clear plastic that comes with the old style Pelaco' type packaging on business shirts. I thought that might do the trick as you have suggested.

Thanks for the tip.

Great job so far.... I love FW buids regardless of the version... I guess you could say I'm a Wurger fan! As for the Future for instruments... I have been using this technique for years and it really works out well.... and it is alot easier to use than sa punching clear plastic...

If you need a scheme inspiration have a look here:

FW A3-A4 schemes in 32nd scale

Go to the "Offer" section, then to 1/32 scale "Super Mask", then about three or four selections from teh bottom you will find them! :o

Cheers

Alan :D