In a different string AndyB wrote: "I swapped the carpet monster for laminate wood flooring a while back. Things no longer disappear.....but they do bounce an awfully long way away."

When I drop a kit part onto the floor I have a trick for finding it.

1) Turn the lights out.

2) Lay a lit flashlight on the floor and slowly turn it around scanning the entire floor. The part will cast a big shadow and you can often find it immediately.

However, if you do not find the part at all look under your shoe, that's where it is, squooshed flat.

If you dropped the part on the rug, go find your golf clubs and go to the links. Its gone!

I dunno, I always thought a hobby was supposed to relax a person.

Stephen

However, if you do not find the part at all look under your shoe, that's where it is, squooshed flat.

Did that once, and developed my "do not stomp any parts"-routine, that goes like:

- look stupid

- make a blasphemic outburst

- do not move your feet

- look carefully at your feet, if the part is near them or even fell into your shoes

- slowly raise and shake your feet, and have another visual check, maybe it'll fall off, if not, slowly move your feet to the ground again

- if you still haven't found your part, make another blasphemic outburst

- carefully take off your shoes (slippers or sandals have proven to be practical for that matter) and holding your feet up, carefully check your shoes and feet again. If you are wearing some, also check the hem of your socks (personal experience!)

- if you still failed to find the part, make an annoyed sound, and carefully move away from the crime scene

- begin with the alternative search routine

Should you happen to find the part somewhere throughout the process, immediately stop the process, pick up part make a sound of relief, check part for damage and continue building your model

:o

:blink:QUOTE(Chris @ Aug 8 2007, 07:34 PM)

Hmm , so how many guys here wear nylons? .. or am i in the wrong modelling section .. i dont have a 38 DD

UH Chris, Where exactly are you putting your nylons? :blink: Is 38 DD somesort of euro -metric shoe size?

I believe resi-cast out of france makes a DD kit in resin. It was in MMIR a while ago.

Don't you just give your kid 20cents if they find it? They'll look for hours

Pah...didn't wear fishnets in Aus did you Mikey... ...betcha Roxane from Canberra did

I wouldn't remember Matty, after your evil plan to inebriate me....worked. :ph34r:

I DO KNOW... that it wasn't my booming laugh that carried into the upper galleries during the very dramatic bombing raid presentation...

.....I was using all my influence to get us back stage passes to the Se5a; very innocent I was :rolleyes:

In a different string AndyB wrote: "I swapped the carpet monster for laminate wood flooring a while back. Things no longer disappear.....but they do bounce an awfully long way away."

When I drop a kit part onto the floor I have a trick for finding it.

1) Turn the lights out.

2) Lay a lit flashlight on the floor and slowly turn it around scanning the entire floor. The part will cast a big shadow and you can often find it immediately.

Stephen

That's exactly what i do!

Great minds think alike :rolleyes:

Speaking of which , does anyone know of a dd tank kit or conversion in 1/35 ?

Yes! Resicast make one! http://www.resicast.com/ Their website is too wacky for me to link directly to the correct page, but FYI they have two full resin kits of DD tanks, a large-hatch Sherman with the fittings but screens removed and a small-hatch Sherman with screens removed. They used to have a full screened Sherman too but it is OOP. They also have a full resin kit of the BARV.

Guest canuck63

That's my routine:

- make a blasphemic outburst

- do not move your feet

- look carefully at your feet, if the part is near them or even fell into your shoes

- slowly raise and shake your feet, and have another visual check, maybe it'll fall off, if not, slowly move your feet to the ground again

- more blasphemies

- if you still haven't found your part, make another blasphemic outburst

- carefully take off your shoes (slippers or sandals have proven to be practical for that matter) and holding your feet up, carefully check your shoes and feet again. If you are wearing some, also check the hem of your socks (personal experience!)

- if you still failed to find the part, make an annoyed sound, and carefully move away from the crime scene

- evem nore blasphemies

- bail off from the chair into the corridor...losing a part makes me llok very athletic

- lay on the floor with your ear against it as if you were listening for an approaching train or herd of cattle(like Indians do in the movies!) and scan "the

horizon" for stange shadows/projections..this way I usually find parts that got lost seven years ago!

- more blasphemies(not to loose the knack!)

- use a torch and scan again

- if I don't find the part I make a blasphemic outburst that would the Exorcist busy for ages,look for a similar kit and pilfer the lost part