Revel F-14B conversion

blackbetty

all of the positive comments really keep me going, thanx

i got a small update:

i think i found a way to do the tailstiffeners, since the eduard etch ones are nowhere near the original shapewise

i photoshopped a scan from the daco drawings and made a vector graphic out of it in illustrator. the idea is to cut the different layers with my roland plotter/cutter out of thin vinyl and put them over eachother to achieve the most realistic appearance

photo shows the graphics. now i´ve got to find a way to get my old plot programm to cut an illustrator file ;)

there has been talk on ARC that somebody would make these, but i got no release date (and i want these NOW, or that airplane is never gonna get finished)

post-2020-1196767026.jpg

all of the positive comments really keep me going, thanx

i got a small update:

i think i found a way to do the tailstiffeners, since the eduard etch ones are nowhere near the original shapewise

i photoshopped a scan from the daco drawings and made a vector graphic out of it in illustrator. the idea is to cut the different layers with my roland plotter/cutter out of thin vinyl and put them over eachother to achieve the most realistic appearance

photo shows the graphics. now i´ve got to find a way to get my old plot programm to cut an illustrator file :blink:

there has been talk on ARC that somebody would make these, but i got no release date (and i want these NOW, or that airplane is never gonna get finished)

HI These go on the inside of the vertical stablizers at the bottom. Is that correct? How many are you going to need?

Texas :blink: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you need three layers per side and the small panels in front of them (good pics in the daco book), so the pic is just the pieces for one side. i tried one and made some rivets to them with a needle. since they are self adhesive they stick like hell and have to be handeled carefully (i messed up the first set :blink: - but thats the beauty of making these yourself, i can just cut some more) :rolleyes:

now i just have to repair the messed up fins, they look pretty butchered with all the decals stripped and the eduard pieces i had to remove

HI Oh yes I see what you are talking about. Nice Job

I was thanking they went at the base of the vertal stablizer like on the F-18s. Do you know when they started instaling them?

Thanks

Texas :blink: :lol: :D

HI Oh yes I see what you are talking about. Nice Job

I was thanking they went at the base of the vertal stablizer like on the F-18s. Do you know when they started instaling them?

Thanks

i´m no tomcat expert, but they seem to have retrofitted them to all tomcats. they are not easy to spot, if its not a closeup shot, but i think only very early birds didnt have them - dont shoot me :ph34r: if you really want to know there are some experts on ARC that probably could tell you the thread the screws that hold them have :lol:

Hey guys,

That was my project. The stiffeners, that is-

I finally sent them to Darren Roberts of Steel Beach after I struggled with them off an on for more than a year (getting access to the laser cutter was tough, then figuring out the settings...)

and they should be available very soon. I drew up the instructions and sent the file and they are at the cutters now.

Sorry I didn't post the info here sooner-

Pete