Trumpeter P-47 Razorback

Nillus

Dunno if anyone has seen this thing, but it is absolutely MASSIVE.

4 propeller varieties, 3 types of droptanks, bombs or missile tubes, clear plastic engine cowl to show off the engine, rubber wheels, all controls separate (ailerons/elevators/rudder/flaps) open gun bays with ammo belts and nicely detailed guns. The attention to detail is astounding.

A bit pricey, though. $104AUD = $91.30USD = Euro66.12 But boy, oh boy...you certainly get the works...here's the photos.

Trumpy Razorback

BIG trumpy razorback

Decal/colour schemes

sprue 1

Sprue 2

Sprue 3

I am not intending to be some sort of defacto reviewer, but I was so impressed with this thing I thought I should post some snaps whilst I was doing the Hein thing.

There are MANY more sprues/decals/rubber wheels and PE things in the box, but I am jet-lagged and going to get some sleep....zzzzz.

Regards.

Guest canuck63

Now...that's a real P-47 Jug,with all the details you'd like to find these days...somewhate more expensive (with €66 you can barely dine at a reastaurant worth of the name!) than the Hasegawa effort and,truth be told,the Trumpy engine has just about the same parts the Hase kit is made of! :lol: !

I am not intending to be some sort of defacto reviewer...

You better don't...if you are not sure that the things you're going to say are exactly the things some people would like to read....or write themselves!

Fact is that no matter what empromptu or self-indulging reviewers (or reviewers on shops' or manufacturers paybooks for that matters!) may say....this kit will put to pasture Hasegawa poor-man's kits,exactly like Radu's HIEN(dunno for the life of me why people keep on writing it "HEIN" <_< ) will do with the new styrene Kawasaki!Can't wait to see the Hellcat and God only knows what Trumpeter will treat the modelers to in the very next future!

All good things come to a price and this one is worth every penny IMO,even if I've already read about "issues" concerning the shape of the cowling B) ....sorta like "WEll...yes...Pam Anderson would be OKAY if it wasn't for her size 11 feet :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now...that's a real P-47 Jug,with all the details you'd like to find these days...somewhate more expensive (with €66 you can barely dine at a reastaurant worth of the name!) than the Hasegawa effort and,truth be told,the Trumpy engine has just about the same parts the Hase kit is made of! :lol: !

You better don't...if you are not sure that the things you're going to say are exactly the things some people would like to read....or write themselves!

Fact is that no matter what empromptu or self-indulging reviewers (or reviewers on shops' or manufacturers paybooks for that matters!) may say....this kit will put to pasture Hasegawa poor-man's kits,exactly like Radu's HIEN(dunno for the life of me why people keep on writing it "HEIN" <_< ) will do with the new styrene Kawasaki!Can't wait to see the Hellcat and God only knows what Trumpeter will treat the modelers to in the very next future!

All good things come to a price and this one is worth every penny IMO,even if I've already read about "issues" concerning the shape of the cowling B) ....sorta like "WEll...yes...Pam Anderson would be OKAY if it wasn't for her size 11 feet :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I dunno. The Hasegawa kit is pretty damn nice. Unless you want to do a model with a lot of open panels and so forth (not my thing), I think the Hasegawa kit has pretty much everything you could want.

The issue with me is the Trumpeter rivets. From what I can see of the sprue pics, they look pretty overdone. I know this issue of rivets is highly personal. Just offering my .02.